DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashing app question

BerndM

Reactions
I have read a number of terrifying postings of people losing control of their MP when the app they are using crashes.
Unless I totally misunderstand the whole Controller, MP, App relationship (a real possibility) I thought it was possible to fly the MP using ONLY the controller in its basic flying modes, and no smartphone/tablet/app at all. If this is correct, then why is it that the controller doesn't take over full control of the MP the instant the App crashes???????
This seems like a disastrously major oversight from DJI to not make this happen so that control of the MP is maintained at all times.
Thanks

I have read a number of terrifying postings of people losing control of their MP when the app they are using crashes.
Unless I totally misunderstand the whole Controller, MP, App relationship (a real possibility) I thought it was possible to fly the MP using ONLY the controller in its basic flying modes, and no smartphone/tablet/app at all. If this is correct, then why is it that the controller doesn't take over full control of the MP the instant the App crashes???????
This seems like a disastrously major oversight from DJI to not make this happen so that control of the MP is maintained at all times.
Thanks

It does. If the app crashes and your RTH parameters are set correctly even if you are completely out of LOS you could just hit the RTH on the controller and it should come back without issue.

Thanks
Don't worry about it. It's pilot error on their part to think they can't control the drone when the app crashes. The controller most likely still has a connection to the drone and yes it can fly without the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d