DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crow attacks MA2 - Part 2

icecoldgin

Reactions
The crow is at it again.

But this time, my daughter was able to film the aerial battle.

I was just hovering and looking for nice scenery to shoot at 60m altitude when the crow starts to attack the MA2

I tried to move forward and do some evasive maneuvers before lowering my altitude.

At about 20m altitude, the crow broke off its attack.

MA2 made it back safe and sound.

It appeared that the crow could have contacted the drone, but it never did. Possibly it was curiosity instead of an attack?
Most likely, it was protecting a nearby nest. It is that time of the year here in our part of the world. Lots of bird nests now - both on the ground and in the trees Thumbswayup :)

When seeing a bird approach you best ascend as the climb rate of the drone cannot be matched by the bird.
Descending is not a good idea as the bird is nimble and will dive after it.
Upon the swift ascend take evasive manoeuvres and then try to descend.
One more reason to fly VLOS.

Ruud

When seeing a bird approach you best ascend as the climb rate of the drone cannot be matched by the bird.

Ruud
Thanks for the advice. Very helpful to know Thumbswayup

The crow is at it again.

I was just hovering and looking for nice scenery to shoot at 60m altitude when the crow starts to attack the MA2

I tried to move forward and do some evasive maneuvers before lowering my altitude.

A guy my cousin knows heard that the coming someday Mavic 3 will have stun lasers built in.?

Ruud

Absolutely no bird can go straight up like that drone at speed.

The crow is at it again.

This time of year they are more aggressive than ever. I watch them pull feathers from other birds from behind for their nests.They come very close to my M2Z but never hit. I recently went up and placed all my strobes on, red and green out front and two white on the back with one white on the bottom. They still came towards me but then stayed farther away, most likely the flashing strobes had an effect.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure