DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise control and control the light?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Cruise control is such a compelling feature that I have reassigned the C2 button to it, but now I’m not sure how best to turn the auxiliary light on and off. There’s no double-tap function on these buttons.

Do we have to drop in into settings and tap it there?

Cruise control is such a compelling feature that I have reassigned the C2 button to it, but now I’m not sure how best to turn the auxiliary light on and off. There’s no double-tap function on these buttons.

Do we have to drop in into settings and tap it there?
You could assign the C1 button to it, but the app gives the best visual determination of the current setting and the two alternatives, unlike the button method that requires cycling through the settings to get the one you want, often involving turning it ON, to turn it OFF!

@Thmoore i have CI for cruise and C2 to change cameras in photo mode ,and the light on auto ,
that way if the lighting is poor as you come in for a landing, at least you know its going to come on, it really doesn't have a lot of use when you are way up ,and only takes a moment to turn on if you wish to fly in low light conditions with it on

@Thmoore i have CI for cruise and C2 to change cameras in photo mode ,and the light on auto ,
that way if the lighting is poor as you come in for a landing, at least you know its going to come on, it really doesn't have a lot of use when you are way up ,and only takes a moment to turn on if you wish to fly in low light conditions with it on
That’s cool. Thank you. I like to have the light button handy on my Air 2 because I have a dropper mechanism that drops the payload when the light is turned on. Such a thing does not exist for the Air 3 just yet, but I have high hopes.

Reactions: Torque
The Mavic 3 has it as well. It's a little hidden on the Air – you need to reassign a button to use it.

The light is very handy if you lose sight of the drone or are trying to help someone else see it.

The light is very handy if you lose sight of the drone or are trying to help someone else see it.
In such cases it's a PITA, but at least you can still get to it through DJI Fly, right?

Enhancement request: Ability to add custom buttons to the DJI Fly display, dragging them to wherever you want to put them. Initially to simplify the coding and get it out the door, just leverage the existing hard button code and offer the same function options.

Any of you other Android app developers reading this know this is about a 30 minute job 😁

That Auto setting is the worst for hand catching at night. Immediate night blindness, just when you need every bit of your vision for safe hand catching! I immediately turn Auto to Off upon launching at dusk. If I can't immediately locate the drone in the sky for landing, I turn it back On to locate it, and then immediately turn it Off again while flying it back for the hand catch. The few times I had mistakenly had it in Auto for landing were regretful!

@GadgetGuy ,that may be so for hand landing
but that is something that for me, would not be a good idea ,i take a blood thinner for my Heart condition ,and cannot afford to get injured by the blades, if something went wrong during the hand landing ,i do not disagree that the light is indeed very bright ,but that is only a concern if you are flying at night

@GadgetGuy ,that may be so for hand landing
but that is something that for me, would not be a good idea ,i take a blood thinner for my Heart condition ,and cannot afford to get injured by the blades, if something went wrong during the hand landing ,i do not disagree that the light is indeed very bright ,but that is only a concern if you are flying at night
More like landing after dark, rather than night flying, per se. With 30+ minute flight times now a reality, launching just before or at sunset often results in a nocturnal landing. Even if not hand catching after dusk, if landing manually, you still want to turn it off, or be far enough away from yourself so as not to be night blinded, once it descends to 15 feet, and turns on.

In terms of landing, the ranging sensors (ultrasonic or IR depending on model) will operate 100% in pitch-black darkness, and successfully manage the landing automation. So no worry there.

It's just fine positioning via VPS that is lost, and almost always GPS will provide good enough results to hold position and descend to the ground.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart