DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrustalSky 5.5 on Mavic with clip on mount A+

Photologist

Reactions
Used my Crystalsky 5.5 in 90-95 degree heat this week, Florida Peak sun. Got hot around the edges, functioned flawlessly, fan whirring away. OK in Peak sun (adjust angle for bright colored clothing glare)... I always wear a charcoal or black shirt with iPad. I tried the CS without the protective plastic on the screen, then reinstalled it. Like it better with the shipping wrapper until Nuscreen nails it... NuScreen is great on iPad.

The SD slots acknowledge and work MicroSDs to 128GB. Anyone else verify this too?

I use one of those 3D mounts from eBay (Mavic plastic "clip under" mount, with the CS Adapter on the back (by the antennae)). This mount rocks. I lined it with HDPE tape, slides on and off controller easily, while being very secure during use. Simple woven USBc cable (8 inch).

Great monitor for Mavic, other mounts will work fine I'm sure. I don't run Litchi, but I agree, I would like chart libraries, manual PDFs, DroneLogbook, METAR, NOTAM, Lockheed Martin on mine. That said, I live in a very WiFi dense area, don't mind having a way to reduce "RF contamination/ App risk".

I very much did not like pulling out the I2 180 charger, very annoying, so I found a 57W Osmo charger which works perfectly and is 1/6 the size and weight in the briefcase sized case, grabbed a spare battery as well. convenient.

I rate it a 9, with upside for open apps (even if they limit the ones for safety), and they should include the OSMO 57w charger for this price.

I put it on my I2, tight ream estate with 2 cameras and my eyesight. Great on a single camera rig...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143