DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky Mavic 2 issue need help

The Chicken

Reactions
Really need some help.
First time drone owner here.
I just bought a used Mavic 2 zoom with a large crystal sky monitor.
I can’t get the drone to switch between photo and video modes.
I have refreshed the firmware in both the drone and the remote via DJI assistant two.
The Crystal sky operating system is currently version 03.00.02.00
Within the crystal sky it is running DJI Go app. It keeps prompting me that I need to run the Go 4 app but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change Go or upgrade go to Go4. I can’t find anywhere the Go 4 app on DJI‘s Crystal sky downloads pages.
When I try to update the app within the Crystal sky I just constantly get a message “Failed to obtain firmware update information “.
I installed the G04 app on my phone and within that app I am able to toggle between video and camera. So I’m pretty sure the issue is with Crystal sky.
Hoping somebody here has experience with crystal sky that can help me iron this bug out.
To add to the fun, I also have a battery that is taking a charge, seems to have no issues, but the app always thinks the battery is discharged and the drone will not fly. It is an OEM DJI battery. (The camera/video issue happens with other batteries as well.)
I should also add that the previous owner is a friend of mine and was not having these issues. I swear I didn’t press any buttons or change any functions it worked one day and then just didn’t work the next.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

You may wind up doing a factory reset on the CS. The Go 4 app comes installed.

Reactions: Ranger and Capt KO
So, just in case anyone else ever runs into this issue, I spent a number of hours yesterday searching for answers.
I found a U-Tube channel called Mad's Tech that seemed to be one of the few sources of any real info on the Crystal Sky. He's got some great tutorials. Buried in one of his videos was the short comment "By the way, I strongly recommend that if you are having issues with your Crystal Sky, perform a factory reset as it seems to clear up all problems."
So with nothing to loose because the Crystal Sky wasn't working anyway, I did a factory reset.
It fixed all the issues I was having.
Photo/video toggles. Smart video modes available. The "missing" Go 4 app suddenly appeared and functioned. Video link way more stable. Comms with the drone not full of weird warnings like "magnetic field interference".
So a factory reset fixed it all.

Well, not quite all. I still have one battery that the drone or the app or whatever refuses to play nice with. The battery charges up, but on the Go4 app, even though the battery shows full bars of charge, it's in red and the drone won't fly with it. I had refreshed the drone's firmware with DJI assistant 2 with that battery in it hoping that would fix the issue, but it didn't.

So, just in case anyone else ever runs into this issue, I spent a number of hours yesterday searching for answers.
I found a U-Tube channel called Mad's Tech that seemed to be one of the few sources of any real info on the Crystal Sky. He's got some great tutorials. Buried in one of his videos was the short comment "By the way, I strongly recommend that if you are having issues with your Crystal Sky, perform a factory reset as it seems to clear up all problems."
So with nothing to loose because the Crystal Sky wasn't working anyway, I did a factory reset.
It fixed all the issues I was having.
Photo/video toggles. Smart video modes available. The "missing" Go 4 app suddenly appeared and functioned. Video link way more stable. Comms with the drone not full of weird warnings like "magnetic field interference".
So a factory reset fixed it all.

Well, not quite all. I still have one battery that the drone or the app or whatever refuses to play nice with. The battery charges up, but on the Go4 app, even though the battery shows full bars of charge, it's in red and the drone won't fly with it. I had refreshed the drone's firmware with DJI assistant 2 with that battery in it hoping that would fix the issue, but it didn't.
*cough* Was that not what I suggested? :)

Reactions: Capt KO
When all else fails..lol.
Have you checked the individual battery cells? Sounds like a dead one. Thankfully you can’t take off or it would suddenly show 0 and…..c ya.

*cough* Was that not what I suggested? :)
LOL-it was!
To be fair , I had actually solved the problem before you posted, it just took me a day to get back here and update.
I wanted to update this thread with what worked in case some poor soul in the future runs into the same problem-nothing more frustrating than finding internet threads that address whatever your question/problem is but nobody updates the thread so you never actually know what the solution was.
It also validates your suggestion as being the correct fix for this issue.
I appreciate you taking the time to offer up a solution-thanks!

When all else fails..lol.
Have you checked the individual battery cells? Sounds like a dead one. Thankfully you can’t take off or it would suddenly show 0 and…..c ya.
I've not checked individual cells on the battery.
How do you do that?

I've not checked individual cells on the battery.
How do you do that?
Hello.! In the DJI Go4 App in the battery section, (click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen) and it will go to battery, there you can see individually the charge status of each battery cell, normally you could there is a voltage difference between the cells of no more than 0.5 Volts, if it exceeds this voltage difference, there is a problem with the battery. This can be solved through an interface that you can connect between some pins of the battery to this interface and from the interface to the PC. This interface only works with Windows. There are tutorial videos on YouTube that can help you on how to connect this interface, the program used with this interface, and how you can reprogram the battery charge control card. Greetings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929