DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky...WHY

Hi all, if I may, I've had very good luck with the MavMount for my iPad mini. It is available with a bracket sized for the CS Monitors. For me, the fact that the mount itself has a lip the fits into the recess on the very bottom of the controller and affords you a VERY firm and steady mount is what did it for me. Your mileage of course may vary :)

MavMount

Hi All
Just a rant... I've just purchased a 7.85" CrystalSky, yes it is very bright...............

That was the good part, I also foolishly bought the DJI Mavic mount for the CS, what a load of crap..

All of the mounting options for the monitor that I have seen are B*#>%ks, why did I bother, yes it is very bright..........

Why no 1/4" camera mount option... rant rant rant .. can someone please advise me of a good quality mount, maybe with a lanyard and or tripod fitting

Soooo disappointed, but yes it's bright....

Waylander
I have the Crystal sky 7.85", and use the Mavmount with the tripod adapter.
DJI Crystal Sky Monitor -adapter only- for use with MavMount | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark and AIR iPad Tablet Adapter
To do it over again, I would just buy the $29 tripod adapter.
I have a tripod and mount the Crystal sky to a tripod.
This combination works great! Because the tripod extends to my 6'1" eye level, I don't have to look down at the monitor; continuously. Doing so, strains the neck.
With a tripod, the CS is at my eye level. And, the tripod keeps the weight off. After flying through three MP batteries the Crystalsky gets heavy in a bicep curl position, and I feel the burn.
I highly recommend using a tripod for the CS.
If you choose to go this way, be sure to turn the CS monitor ninety degrees to the wind, so that it doesn't act like a flag/sail. Also, be sure to get a 6' cord to go between the MP RC and the CS so that you are not glued to the monitor.
Finally, watch your feet. You could pull out one of the tripod legs.

Drone On, I never thought of using a tripod like that, great idea. Again, if I may, many tripods are equipped with a hook at the bottom of the center column to allow the hanging of a weight to further stabilize the tripod and equipment itself. That could come in very handy to help combat the wind.

They said the same thing about the mount for the air as well and that was 6 months ago, I think the arms are the same as the airs. You can just change the arms over from a mavic 1 and it will fit then. I did that in the end with my air cost about £30 be cheaper in the states I bet. I had to buy mine from the states on eBay. Just a thought if you want it sooner.

Drone On, I never thought of using a tripod like that, great idea. Again, if I may, many tripods are equipped with a hook at the bottom of the center column to allow the hanging of a weight to further stabilize the tripod and equipment itself. That could come in very handy to help combat the wind.
Yes. My tripod has a hook for weight.
I've never used weight. Honestly, if you turn the crystal sky ninety degrees to the direction of the wind, the CS will cut through the wind, and there will be no issue, but if the weight makes you more comfortable, then go for it.

It looks like FlyHighUSA and I had a similar idea. Here is my 3D printed mounting solution for use with the DJI Phantom CS bracket:

zp-dbtyqqe2j5vdtipktfq-jpg.40216

Thread in it is here: CS 7.85 + DJI Phantom Mount + 3D Printer = Ultimate Mount

And if you have a 3D printer and are interested in printing one I posted the design here:

DJI Mavic (AIR) CrystalSky Mount by supergimp

Really like what you did here. Going to try and print this tomorrow at work. Just to confirm is this for a Mavic Air controller?

Best,

Angus

My DJI CB UB also burned out and was repaired under warranty. Has anyone had any problems with repaired CS UBs burning out?

The 1000 nit is about 2x as bright as a iPad Pro 10.5 display. The monitor also appears to be sharper. The DJIgo4 iOS app does not fully support the full retina resolution thus the images displayed on video or stills do not look sharp.

The ultra display is 2000 nits. I tried one briefly and yes it's amazing to use, but ended up sending it back to B&H after reading all of the issues around the monitor burning out, and or the display getting hot. Lots more reported issues around the 2000 nit display.

For most daytime use the 1000 nit will get the job done.

Remember, the CS uses a unique version of the Android OS, so updates tend to come out considerable later than updates for the iOS and Android phone versions of DJIgo4.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird