Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom Case for pair of Mini 4 Pros

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've used my new "Skyreat Mini 4 Pro Hard Case" and it's rock solid but . . . I practice "redundancy" in my business and maintain TWO cases isn't very practical or efficient. I couldn't find an existing "2 Mini 4 Pro Case" and my friends at MyCaseBuilder didn't have the needed "Profiles" in order to create the cases I usually do. I was sick & tired of toting TWO cases around and went "shopping" (as in physically in a brick & mortar store) for an off-the-shelf case I could modify for this purpose.

I got lucky as we just had a Harbor Freight store open up here locally just a couple of months ago. On a whim I stopped in and asked where their "Hard Cases" were located. At first the girl looked at me like I had 3 heads and I said, "Hard case like people put cameras and sensitive equipment in" and she knew exactly what I needed and told me where to go. Upon turning the corner and see the shelf of cases I swear I heard angels singing LOL! They had such a huge selection of everything from tiny cases up to "Rifle/Bow" size cases. Before leaving I have laid all of my equipment out and "roughly" measured the size case I needed and they had almost EXACTLY that case. It's an APACHE 4800.

The APACHE 4800 is 15 1/2" x 17 7/8" and has 2 useable layers of pick&pluck foram with another layer on top and on bottom. SCORE!!

We cut out the sections, used an online "hardening" method (Plasti-Dip spray) to make the soft foam more rigid and also help it survive daily use. Below are the final results and I am THRILLED.

Apache 4800 $49.00 (I had a coupon I think it was $59.99)
Plastic Dip $16 (2 cans @ $8ea)

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

I love Apache cases, I have them for my drone and my Sony camera and lenses. The only thing I've noticed on the bigger one is that the latches are hard to close or open. The one I use for my drone has a My Case Builder insert and the latches work perfectly. I had a discount and got my drone case for less than $25. Good deal.
63639749190__39EB2C6D-E43D-4071-9FCB-9D73049DE360.JPEG

Reactions: BigAl07
I've used my new "Skyreat Mini 4 Pro Hard Case" and it's rock solid but . . . I practice "redundancy" in my business and maintain TWO cases isn't very practical or efficient. I couldn't find an existing "2 Mini 4 Pro Case" and my friends at MyCaseBuilder didn't have the needed "Profiles" in order to create the cases I usually do. I was sick & tired of toting TWO cases around and went "shopping" (as in physically in a brick & mortar store) for an off-the-shelf case I could modify for this purpose.

I got lucky as we just had a Harbor Freight store open up here locally just a couple of months ago. On a whim I stopped in and asked where their "Hard Cases" were located. At first the girl looked at me like I had 3 heads and I said, "Hard case like people put cameras and sensitive equipment in" and she knew exactly what I needed and told me where to go. Upon turning the corner and see the shelf of cases I swear I heard angels singing LOL! They had such a huge selection of everything from tiny cases up to "Rifle/Bow" size cases. Before leaving I have laid all of my equipment out and "roughly" measured the size case I needed and they had almost EXACTLY that case. It's an APACHE 4800.

The APACHE 4800 is 15 1/2" x 17 7/8" and has 2 useable layers of pick&pluck foram with another layer on top and on bottom. SCORE!!

We cut out the sections, used an online "hardening" method (Plasti-Dip spray) to make the soft foam more rigid and also help it survive daily use. Below are the final results and I am THRILLED.

Apache 4800 $49.00 (I had a coupon I think it was $59.99)
Plastic Dip $16 (2 cans @ $8ea)

View attachment 172537

View attachment 172538
Very nicely done!

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads