DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-Log and iOS Screen

ddodell

Reactions
Trying out D-Log and noticed the screen on my iOS phone gets muted ( just like the raw d-log file ) ... saw a Youtube video that there was a setting to color correct this, but the latest version from the iOS App store, does not have this setting. I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

Is this a beta version or limited release to certain other app stores? How does anyone do D-log if you can't watch what your videoing on the screen clearly?

Thanks

Trying out D-Log and noticed the screen on my iOS phone gets muted ( just like the raw d-log file ) ... saw a Youtube video that there was a setting to color correct this, but the latest version from the iOS App store, does not have this setting. I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

Is this a beta version or limited release to certain other app stores? How does anyone do D-log if you can't watch what your videoing on the screen clearly?

Thanks
The D-Log helper setting is not yet available for the Mavic 3. So far it has only been released for the Air 2S...... it shows the video on screen in normal color while recording in LOG on the SD card. It really helps when flying to be able to see the terrain, better frame the video and improves safety.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The D-Log helper setting is not yet available for the Mavic 3. So far it has only been released for the Air 2S...... it shows the video on screen in normal color while recording in LOG on the SD card. It really helps when flying to be able to see the terrain, better frame the video and improves safety.

Got it ... now understand why I'm not seeing it.

The distribution in the histogram will depend on the image being viewed. The primary benefit of the histogram is to avoid clipping in either the brights or shadows. This will appears a bunching on the low end of the histogram or the high end. Adjust the exposure to get rid of the bunching. If that fails, you are shooting a scene with more dynamic range than the drone's sensor can handle, and all you can do is find a compromise that minimizes the damage from clipping. Often, the compromise is to reduce highlight clipping by increasing the clipping in the dark areas.

Reactions: Point Zero
Thank you, Dave Maine, for the clear explanation! Makes sense. I am mostly stills, and it bothered me how the tones shift when changing to d-log. I will work on this after I've healed from wrist surgery.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The one thing you will find your settings might change with every direction you are facing the drone. Say your behind the sun and then decide to face the sun, you will need to adjust your settings so you are not over exposed and that will show on your histogram. I'm no expert with the histogram but use it when I remember.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan