DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.dat files from drone

Andreas_dji

Reactions
I usually connect the remote control from my DJI mini 3 with a usb C cable to my laptop (windows system), then cut and paste the mp4 files and watch them on my computer.

Today, there were no mp4 files but ".dat" files. Before cutting them from the remote control's memory, they were watchable videos in my "album". Not I have ".dat" files on my computer, which I cannot do anything with.

Has anyone had this problem and can help?

Many thanks in advance,

Andreas

The title refers to DAT files from the drone yet your text seems to refer to DAT files from the controller. If my understanding is correct where are the DATs you are interested in?
If you are interested in video why not just remove the mSD card from the drone and bung it is a card reader attached to the computer and copy the videos from there?

PS there may well be DATs on the drone but they are likely to be encrypted and useless to you.

What controller?

Last edited:
You are right - it was the controller and not the drone I was connecting to. The file were on the drone itself. Thanks for you quick help man, really appreciate it!

You can, I think, edit your opening post and change the title. I'll then delete the relevent portions of my posts. If you have the DJI RC controller and the DAT's you have found were in a folder that starts MCDATF........... then they are flight telemetry and you can read them with CsvView CsvView Downloads

If they are other DAT's then sorry I do not know but giving CsvView a whiz might be interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks