DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Default frame rate FPS settings

Richscart

Reactions
Hi all,

New with the Mavic AIR device. I did some shooting using manual camera settings for exposure, shutter speed, frame rates, etc.

When changing back and forth to different resolutions, does it appear that the unit resets to 24fps - the first selection in each resolution tab?

Would there be a situation where it will set to 24fps when I assumed it was 30?

Is there a way of seeing metadata that tells me the raw footage was a particular frame rate?

Thanks!

Rich

When you switch to 4K it does kinda have a tendency to default to the lower frame rate so you just have to make sure you select 30 FPS.

In the “camera widget” on your hud of DJI GO 4 it shows your shutter speed, ISO Ev and also your resolution/ frame rate. Shows something like 4K/30 or 4K/60. So that’s the best way to know you are in the correct frame rate because it’s on your hud and always visible.

In a video editor on your computer it will show the frame rate in the meta data but I don’t think it does in just the normal file system of the computer.

Hi Brett,

Interesting that the “standard” default FPS wouldn’t be 30 (29.97), or that it wont hold the last used frame rate in each resolution selection. Thanks for checking that. I will have to be very watchful of that info on future flights. Live and learn!

As for the metadata - I was editing on “LumaFusion” on my iPad and the raw footage frame rate doesn’t appear in the file properties - only the resolution size. So when I’m editing in a 30fps project, I get random frame doubling that makes playback a little glitchy. I’m assuming it may be adding random frames to change the timing from 24 to 30, since my drone may have recorded with the 24fps setting?!

Will see if I can check the raw footage with Final Cut and get more info on the files, and give you all an update.

Rich

Hi Brett,

Interesting that the “standard” default FPS wouldn’t be 30 (29.97), or that it wont hold the last used frame rate in each resolution selection. Thanks for checking that. I will have to be very watchful of that info on future flights. Live and learn!

As for the metadata - I was editing on “LumaFusion” on my iPad and the raw footage frame rate doesn’t appear in the file properties - only the resolution size. So when I’m editing in a 30fps project, I get random frame doubling that makes playback a little glitchy. I’m assuming it may be adding random frames to change the timing from 24 to 30, since my drone may have recorded with the 24fps setting?!

Will see if I can check the raw footage with Final Cut and get more info on the files, and give you all an update.

Rich

Yea I would just make your timeline 24 FPS since it’s better to use the lowest common frame rate of your footage. I agree I wish it would maintain your frame rate speratly from your resolution (some apps do that). But if you just keep it at 4K/30 FPS it will stick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista