DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defective SD Card Slot

PeRo

Reactions
Hi,
I actually bought a used MPP. It seems to be in quite good condition with the exception that the SD Card cannot be removed. Pressing on it just pushes it deeper into the slot instead of ejecting.
Apart from that, recordings do work but downloads are only possible via USB cable, which is not at all optimal.
As I never had a similar issue before, now I am wondering if there are easy options to fix the problem rather than sending the MPP back to seller. Any idea or own experience?

Thanks!

Is the card stuck in there, or will it not lock in? If stuck, I would try a small pair of tweezers to remove it, and maybe that would reset the spring. Either way, unless you paid very little for the copter and don't care, the loss of the SD Card functionality is something you will miss.

Reactions: PeRo
It might be worth buying a microSD socket just so you could examine it to see likely mechanisms and or causes for your problem, they seem pretty cheap.

Reactions: PeRo
Is the card stuck in there, or will it not lock in? If stuck, I would try a small pair of tweezers to remove it, and maybe that would reset the spring. Either way, unless you paid very little for the copter and don't care, the loss of the SD Card functionality is something you will miss.
Thanks, I will give it a try, but probably the slot will prevent the card from removal and one can make it even worse. The reason behind is, that I would need to swap 16GB for at least 64 GB SD card.
And, MPPs are still expensive vehicles...

You could try this
Thanks!
Almost unbelievable that there is a Lifehack even for this problem. As I am not aware that my wife is using that kind of tweezers, I need to check out first where to get it prior to a trial.
Slowly thinking that the seller tries to cheat me as there are some more issues with this MPP...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll