DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delete SD card

I hit the dots at the top and do it here after I have loaded all to my mac.
77F52012-1CF9-4509-8726-4C203626C085.png
I have always reformatted my cards in the bird.

Just drag the images/vids to the trash and then empty the trash... rarely need to reformat.
Have never done that I always reformatted my card when I start
another set of flights the next day. Will work I guess just never have done that. I like a reformatted card after I have removed all the files . And do it when I start the next trip out.
Guess it’s what your used to.

Have never done that I always reformatted my card when I start
another set of flights the next day. Will work I guess just never have done that. I like a reformatted card after I have removed all the files . And do it when I start the next trip out.
That works too... I’m just lazy ;)
But... no problems.

That works too... I’m just lazy ;)
But... no problems.
I just have never done that Thomas but will try it next time. Old habits are hard to break ?

got to say i am with Dc on this one ,reformat in the drone before next flying session

Reactions: RMS001 and dirkclod
I'm with Thomas, I delete and empty the trash so I don't have to keep putting my owner information back on the card. I never reformat unless the card has weird issues...
I've had one card go bad on my other drone and that is one I reformatted in the drone (but it also came with the drone when I got it so I'm sure it was a bit old)

Many ways to do it just do what your comfortable with. I just started doing it the way I do over 5 years ago and never thought
nothing about it. As far as whatever info your referring to it’s not going anywhere unless you give your card away. Or is it ?

Many ways to do it just do what your comfortable with. I just started doing it the way I do over 5 years ago and never thought
nothing about it. As far as whatever info your referring to it’s not going anywhere unless you give your card away. Or is it ?
I put a text file on the card with my contact information, just in case it gets lost (or stolen). Like you say DC, it's all what you're used to. Thumbswayup

Reactions: dirkclod
Seems like everyone has a favorite method. I take a look after nearly every flight and rename the files that have promise and save. Then I right click on the whole bunch and press delete to clear every thing on the card. I only format new cards. Saving a text file is a good idea though..

As a rule I always format the SD card in my DSLR when shooting a job. Once I have downloaded the drone images, I will format the card and the internal storage. Formatting will assure the files won’t be corrupted.

Reactions: hiflyer201

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112