DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Determining Shutter Speed of Existing Footage

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. Is there a way to determine the shutter speed of footage I've taken. Finding the frame rate is easy enough, but is shutter speed recorded in the meta data and if so how can I find it? I have iMovie 10.1.5 and Davinci Resolve 12.5.6 at my disposal.

Thanks.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. Is there a way to determine the shutter speed of footage I've taken. Finding the frame rate is easy enough, but is shutter speed recorded in the meta data and if so how can I find it? I have iMovie 10.1.5 and Davinci Resolve 12.5.6 at my disposal.

Thanks.
you can, in the .srt files.
They have to be enabled in the app though.

you can, in the .srt files.
They have to be enabled in the app though.
Thanks.

I don't remember enabling that but it doesn't mean I didn't. Where would that be and what would it be called?

I use the Smart Controller. Don't remember what app that uses. Is it Go 4? Not home to check now.

Also, where exactly would I look for the .srt files?

.srt files will be saved on the card right next to the video file. You would know if you have them on. You are way behind on the DaVinci Resolve versions since it is now up to version 17. Although it will still only give the resolution or framerate unless you save the sidecar (.srt) files.

Turns out I did not have .SRT files enabled so I have no record of shutter speeds for previously exposed video.

Having received no answer here as to how to enable .SRT files I searched the web. I found one page that said you had to enable MP4 video format (I've been shooting .MOV). That page was wrong, BTW. .SRT files can be enabled for .MOV format as well.

I also discovered that .SRT file logging is enabled by turning on Video Captioning which is accessible in the Camera Settings under the Gear (Settings) icon. There is nothing labeled ".SRT" in the Go app interface. You wouldn't know where to look unless somebody told you. I don't remember for certain if the drone has to be powered on and connected to the controller or not but that might be the case.

Now I have something more to learn about which is to understand what all the various data records in .SRT files are and how they can be used. A welcome opportunity.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Not sure if this helps analyze info you have successfully enabled...
Have you ever viewed your videos (original not edited) with the VLC player ?
It processes the .SRT file and displays the info as the video plays.

Rob

Not sure if this helps analyze info you have successfully enabled...
Have you ever viewed your videos (original not edited) with the VLC player ?
It processes the .SRT file and displays the info as the video plays.

Rob
Thanks. That might indeed be helpful info had my drone been set to save .SRT files, which it had not been set to do. I wrote what I learned about this recently in post #5 above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto