DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device is binded, but not visible in Flight Records

MaddionMax

Reactions
Hello,

I have an M2 Pro and now a Zoom also.
The binding worked prefectly, I can fly with it, but in Flight Records the device is not visible.

What should I do?

If I recall it correctly... when you enter the flight record section in the DJI GO4 app it starts by showing you the total statistics for you as the pilot (the pilot name is in the top of the screen). If you swipe left it shows the statistics of the drones you have used (drone name in the top)... one at a time for each left swipe.

And of course, you need to have flown with the drone & that GO4 app, otherwise nothing will come up regarding a new drone.

Unless you have synced the logs from the smart controller with DJI, which I would NOT recommend, and then synced the "device"/phone? with DJI, which again I would NOT recommend, then the only logs that will be, or should be, visible on the "device" will those for which the "device" was the screen.
Ditto vice versa.

In addition, if you logged into a different account on the "device" it will only show the logs of flights flown under that log-in/account, it will not show logs flown using a different account/log-in.

If it shows no logs AT ALL then I would ask, when you paired the controller to the zoom did you set the controller as the primary controller or the secondary controller ?
From memory the secondary controller does not create ANY flight logs on the screen device attached to it, or at least that's the way the RC1A and RC1B controllers work.

What controller are you using with the zoom?
What are you using as a screen device for the zoom ?
Note, an RC1B controller WILL NOT create .DAT flight logs on the attached screen device AT ALL.

If you want logs from the Smart controller to appear on the "device" then I suggest you copy them from the smart controller to computer via USB and then copy those logs from the computer to the "device".
Ditto vice versa.
Remember, to be visible in the App the flights MUST have been flown using the same DJI account/log-in as the App.

Why not sync?
There is a fair chance that syncing will delete the DAT flight logs from the screen devices and DATs may be useful at some point.

BTW "biinding" now has a specific meaning in DJI's vocabulary and relates to insurance for FLY app using drones.
DJI's "binding" it is not applicable to GO4 app using drones.
You would do better to use the word "link" etc..

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, link is much more better word for it.
I use only SC, so that's the primary and only controller.

The strange thing not just the flight records missing, but the the device also not visible in the device list, but I used this drone several times in this month with this controller.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Ok so you have only used the smart controller to fly the zoom, is that correct ?
If so how are you judging that the zoom's logs are not showing ?
On a phone if I open the flight history all I initially see is a date list of flights, I don't see anything that indicates which drone flew which flight.
However, if I click the down arrow on the right of the top bar it displays a list of the drones recorded in the history. I presume the Go4 app on the smart controller works in the same way, If so does that reveal the zoom ?
If not, try connecting the smart controller to a computer, preferably windows, and have a look to see if you can see any logs that you recognise as zoom logs in the FlightRecord folder.
I would also have a look in the folder named MCDatFlightRecords and see if there are any .DAT flight logs in there. If so, look at the FLYxyz part of the file names, if the zoom has created DAT logs their xyz sequence will almost certainly differ from the xyz sequence of yout m2p. E.g.one drone might have xyz numbers in the 20's whilst the other drone might have xyz numbers in the 70s.

If not pair the old controller to the zoom as the primary, connect a phone or tablet that has the Go4 app installed on it to the controller a fly a flight, does the phone have logs on it ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n