DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Diamond Head & Rock Arch - NSW, Australia 🇦🇺 (And why I didn't fly through it?)

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi there fellow Mavic Pilots...

This headland rises dramatically, and offers panoramic views across Crowdy Bay, north to Perpendicular Point and south to Crowdy Head. In between are superb sweeps of golden sand, and rising out of the lush forested hinterland, behind, are the majestic "Three Brothers Mountains"

Now some of you good folk are perhaps screaming from the rooftops why I didn't fly through the "Rock Arch". Well, without being a "Karen" I would suggest that I put forward the following excuses ... NO reasons... lol

1. The wind was picking up by the time I launched quite considerably. High risk of clipping a wall or roof line.

2. Whilst it may look reasonably straight forward, you need to time your approach perfectly in order to not be capsized by waves as high as the tunnel arch itself crashing through it.

3. Nerves. (see points 1 & 2 above lol)

Hope you enjoy...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome video! Well done!

Reactions: Squidinc and sarahb
Surprised how isolated it was, not a soul around. Would've at least expected a fisherman or a beach bum..or a drone pilot. Stunning location, thanks for the view.

Reactions: Squidinc
Surprised how isolated it was, not a soul around. Would've at least expected a fisherman or a beach bum..or a drone pilot. Stunning location, thanks for the view.
@Capt KO We came across two family groups on the trail but that was it. Wonderful to have it to ourselves.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2