DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different GPS modes on Mavic Air 1

DroneMan_ID

Reactions
Sorry if this already been discussed (I did search the forum, and Googled it too, but I couldn't find it). It seems that Mavic Air has 2 different GPS modes - or at least this is what I'm assuming. One is Ready to Go (GPS). You can see it on the upper left of you cell phone and it is good to fly. I noticed yesterday mine keeps changing from Ready to Go (GPS) to In-Flight GPS. What is the difference? and have you guys noticed/saw that on your monitor too?

I noticed there haven't been many replies, so I'll say something: nope, that’s never happened to me. I’ve never heard of "in-flight GPS".
Thanks for responding. I should take a screenshot next time it popped up

...It seems that Mavic Air has 2 different GPS modes - or at least this is what I'm assuming ... mine keeps changing from Ready to Go (GPS) to In-Flight GPS. What is the difference?
First ... it's normal. And secondly it's not different modes, the text before "(GPS)" is only a message, both is the same GPS mode.

When the flight controller is satisfied with the positional accuracy it will trigger "Ready to GO"... as soon as you get airborne it will trigger the message "In-Flight"

Here 2 screenshots ... the left just before take-off but with the motors going. The right one just when it takes off. Check the telemetries in bottom.

(Click on the picture to make it larger)
1619470830021.png

First ... it's normal. And secondly it's not different modes, the text before "(GPS)" is only a message, both is the same GPS mode.

When the flight controller is satisfied with the positional accuracy it will trigger "Ready to GO"... as soon as you get airborne it will trigger the message "In-Flight"

Here 2 screenshots ... the left just before take-off but with the motors going. The right one just when it takes off. Check the telemetries in bottom.

(Click on the picture to make it larger)
View attachment 128115
This is very very helpful! Here is my next question. This happened only once, but the other day, when it was windy, I noticed while In-Flight GPS was visible, the drone is moving with the wind and I wasn't able to relay control it for few sec. The wind wasn't that bad and I was about maybe 1-2 M above the ground. Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest