DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Direction of Boomerang quickshot

VancityS4

Reactions
Hi, new Mavic Air owner here.

Have only flown a couple times so don't have much experience with the Quickshots (or anything else!).

My specific question is what determines the direction of the Boomerang Quickshot? Is it the line between the drone and myself (as it looks on the Boomerang icon)? For instance, when I am on a cliff top with trees behind me, I want to be sure the boomerang path is out over the cliff and away from the trees. So, if I start with the trees to my back and the drone in front of me, I assume the boomerang path will extend in front and away from me. Is that right? Does the direction the controller is facing have anything to do with it?

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions on this very steep learning curve (it's my first drone) but this is a good one to start with. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Thanks for that. So it seems the point at which the drone is furthest away from the subject is behind the subject. In my example of standing on a cliff edge with trees behind, I guess I have to start with the drone me (closer to the trees) and then it will circle out over the cliff and come back. I'll practice and test some more in an open area before trying it for real. Cheers.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just as a byline and I know it isn't on topic, but how many people not involved with the drone did they fly over taking that video................and we wonder why governments are implementing rules. yep, nobody was hurt but................

Just as a byline and I know it isn't on topic, but how many people not involved with the drone did they fly over taking that video................and we wonder why governments are implementing rules. yep, nobody was hurt but................
How many? I didn’t count.

They all signed waivers. Im joking. One cannot sign a waiver to allow personal harm.

This video must have been back in the Wild West of Drone flying where people just flew however and wherever they liked. Er, Um , cough, I mean like they do today. :)

Hi, new Mavic Air owner here.

Have only flown a couple times so don't have much experience with the Quickshots (or anything else!).

My specific question is what determines the direction of the Boomerang Quickshot? Is it the line between the drone and myself (as it looks on the Boomerang icon)? For instance, when I am on a cliff top with trees behind me, I want to be sure the boomerang path is out over the cliff and away from the trees. So, if I start with the trees to my back and the drone in front of me, I assume the boomerang path will extend in front and away from me. Is that right? Does the direction the controller is facing have anything to do with it?

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions on this very steep learning curve (it's my first drone) but this is a good one to start with. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Clockwise or anti clockwise can be selected in the app one you have selected boomerang

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi