DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Directional/Altitude Indicator? Help

Aero1

Reactions
Okay,
I have watched the video by Dragon7 and I don't know if I just don't get it, but I need the dummies explanation for how the Directional/Altitude Indicator in the bottom left of the screen works, the purpose, and I draw a blank as I just don't get it. Sorry guys, greatly appreciate a simple explanation if there is one. What confuses me is the icon for my Mavic on the map in the lower right screen never matches up to the one on the lower left screen, plus the North is never north and moves around as you move your body orientation around as Dragon7 did in his video.

Maybe I am making it to complicated.

Fly on, Aero1

Same for me. This needs to be explained. Did not happen to before last DJI GO update but I get same error on both MA and MP now using same phone as before same location. Compass calibration made no difference. Tried in other locations too so sure no magnetic interference. I used to use the radar for orientation but now it is useless and misleading.

Hopefully Davo_101 someone will give us an update as to how Directional/Altitude Indicator works or, if it doesn't work.

Does this help?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: BMW Z4
Not really, where I get confused is Dragon 7 says that the white triangle is the direction you are facing. When he first talks about the white triangle he is facing the direction of the white triangle, but when he turns right, the white triangle stays in the same position as it was so that negates him saying the white triangle is the direction he is facing. And I don't understand when he turns right, north also moves, isn't north constant? Maybe I am just making it to hard but watching the video is very confusing. Thanks for sharing though, I will keep trying.

I think of it as if I am at the bottom of that circle and the white triangle is the controller. North can be fixed as North up by clicking on the little red/green compass needle.

I will give a try at setting North up as you mentioned, that may help me understand more.

Thanks for the suggestion Simmo

As an old dog I have spent bunch of time running to the end of my chain and barking at this feature but I still can not decipher the darn thing.
I have set at the table moved the drone, the controller , even spun around my the house:p and I still can not figure out the association. :confused:
mikemoose55

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute