DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discussion Of Interference With Mavic Air

GeorgeRace

Reactions
As a new owner of a Mavic Air, with only one flight under my belt, (really nasty cold and wind since I got it,) I got to thinking about signal interferece from surround areas and other stuff like you Cell Phone, your Tablet, the Wi-Fi near your flight area.

As also the owner of a P3P and P4, I though that some research that i did for the P3/P4 may be of interest to some of the newer users here. Back a couple of years ago, when I first got my P3P, I was very green, and struggling to get good connections at times between the controller and Drone. I decided to take a look at the various possible signals in use in the flying area. Living out in the country, not too much Wi-Fi around, except for my own local router. Baing an avid electronics buff, Ham Radio Operator WB8BGY, I turned to my work bench looking for answers. After a very careful analyzation of everything going on with the P3P, Controller, My Cell Phone, and Tablet, it became quite clear that there was indeed the opporutnity for interference between the stuff I was carrying on every flight. I have an HP Spectrum Analyzer, it clearly shown the interference in action! I present it in a series of very short YouTube Movies, with my personal comments and result of each of the short tests.

Before you even look at my reasearch, I will tell you that I found my culpret! It was BlueTooth that I normally had turned on so that my phone would sync up with my Car Radio System, allowing me to make and receive phone calls, and use the internet for various functions as well while driving. Hopefuly some of what I found may be halpful to others as well. If it even prevents one fly-away, or crash for an unknown reason, that will be very rewarding to hear about.

My advice to you, ALWAYS FLY WITH BLUE TOOTH OFF, AND PUT YOUR DEVICES IN AIRPLANE MODE, when you get to your flight location.

Your can find my research results at WWW.mrrace.com check out the FUN STUFF page. It is the first item on top of the list.

I do plan on doing the same series of tests on the Mavic Air, in the near future, as it is a bit different than the P3 & P4 radio systems.

If you have any questions or comments please drop me a note here on the page.
73...WB8BGY..George

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk