DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dismal battery life

I did the Hoover test and started the video when the Mini 2 lifted off.
Then I stopt the video when it wouldn't fly any more, even with the sticks full up.
In my backyard, 3 meters above the ground.
Battery had a 3 times charge.
The video stopped after 26 minutes and some second's.
When I directly tried to charge the battery, fast loading wasn't possible, the accu was to warm for this. It was not realy cold, about 10° C.
So, in corresponding to all the YouTube video's, you can't expect the 31 minutes flight time.
No way.
It makes no sense that hovering takes more energie then traveling from one place to another.
10c is actually cold in ambientbattery terms, I agree hover is the best test, not flying, reassess when it’s 20c or above

The heat will largely come from the onboard electronics and battery. In very cold weather the aircraft electronics could be creating more heat than the battery. The motors are not creating any useable heat other than they are consuming considerable power, which will generate heat on the ESC’s, the main electronics boards and battery.

Nothing to do with the ‘RC’, which is the abbreviation we use for Remote Controller.
The motors do get hot. However since they are out in the open, the heat is disapated into open air.

We've gone back and forth speculating about this, but still no logs from OP asking the question. The logs would show minute by minute the battery state. I'm betting the flight time was longer than he thought and some time and energy used pre-flight that isn't accounted for, and had terminated flight at a higher SoC. I know I've sometimes underestimated my potential flight times when I judged by the video recording time, not accounting for preflight warmup and early landing.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112