DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance

Yaghs307

Reactions
Maybe someone can help me with this issue. Every time I turn on the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the distance readout starts going up without me even firing up the motors. One instance it went up to 25 feet distance and 0 feet height. I know I’m new to this but that’s impossible. Thank you in advance.

I was looking at some of my fly app logs a couple of days ago and noticed several where there is a maybe 'tentative' point of origin established when the GPS count was low. The route trace shown of the Airdata map suddenly jumped to a more sensible position as the GPS count became sufficient to establish a more certain location.

In one log, an indoor flight, so only low single digit satellite counts, the drone literally moved maybe 30ft, up the stairs and along the landing yet the map trace shows distances near 200ft in places

Obviously the above is with the motors running but I am wondering if you are seeing something similar?

What happens if and when the drone gains sufficient satellites to establish a home point, does the distance zero?

Last edited:
I was looking at some of my fly app logs a couple of days ago and noticed several where there is a maybe 'tentative' point of origin established when the GPS count was low and the trace shown of the Airdata map suddenly jumped to a more sensible position as the GPS count became sufficient to establish a more certain location.

In one log, an indoor flight, so only low single digit satellite counts, the drone literally moved maybe 30ft, up the stairs and along the landing yet the map trace shows distances near 200ft in places

Obviously the above is with the motors running but I am wondering if you are seeing something similar?

What happens if and when the drone gains sufficient satellites to establish a home point, does the distance zero?
At first I turned everything on indoors and then I shut it all off and went outside and I had 25 satellites and the distance slowly went up to 30 feet. I’ll have to try again tonight when I get home.

Try using a screen capture app, they are useful for things like this as it is quite ease to get distracted with other aspects of the 'flight'. I use Xrecorder on Android.

Reactions: Octisurfer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre