DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY Mavic air cable for android USB C (Hack)

Manpreet Singh Bhatia

Reactions
Hi ,

Bought a used Mavic air drone. the problem is that my seller gave me Lightening cable and not android C cable.

So i was using OTP : micro usb --> Female USB then normal USB to USB C. Yes it works as many videos on Youtube will show. But the problem is size of the cable
We need only 15cm but normal cables are like 1 meter or so. it looks wierd when you fly with such a large dangling wire. Dangerous too of loosing connection since usb to usb can be knocked off very easily.

India is very difficult to find such wire and sells for about 30usd, so I Make your own micro usb to USB C. So lets do a DIY to create a very own DJI remote part 4 usb connection cable.

Need
1. OTP cable with micro usb at one end and USB female at another
2. normal usb to usb C cable

Learning
1. Normal micro usb to normal usb cannt be used.
1. connections : the colour code does not go normal (Red to Red, white to white, Green to green, Black to black).

Correct connection colour is
Micro usb (Below left) vs USB C (Below right)
RED to Black
White to white
Green to RED
Black to green

i am also attaching some images of the output product, actually i should have put but some connection pic too, but excitement got the better of me. I did have a flight with the cable.

Good information, thank you :)

Reactions: DoctorNick
Thanks now india china are at commerce war. Can't order from banggood or Ali. Content with self made cable only. As of now. Help appreciated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots