DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI AIR 2 country and ADS-B

HttpsLink

Reactions
Hi,

I bought this drone on Amazon (I’m from Mexico) and I don’t know where I can see which country version it is. I’ve seen post about MA2UE3W vs MA2UE1N (mine is 3W) that even though my box nor my drone has the ASD-B sticker it should have it (Also, I don’t have android for the fake gps app). So, if my model ends with 3W, it must have it? As far as I know I think this airsense technology is available in US, Canada and Europe. I forgot to mention is that I haven’t fly the drone yet, but I asked a user that also lives in Mexico that he doesn’t have that airsense toggle option.

Besides, what’s the difference between FCC and CE (I think this comes in the sticker?)?

I’ll appreciate if you have an answer and sorry for this is beginner stuff (I’m starting in this drone world).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
CE is a lower power transmission compared to FCC. As far as ADS-B, the sticker doesn't necessarily tell you whether your AC has it or not. I have seen instances of drones without the sticker has it. It depends on whether or not aircraft are broadcasting ADS-B. A lot of times, smaller private planes do not, or some planes only broadcast when they are in controlled airspace so even if there is an aircraft in the area, it may not have it or broadcast it. Your eyes and ears are your best tools for identifying aircraft in your area of operation. Low flying helicopters are the biggest danger since they come upon you fast with not much audible warning. That is the biggest chunk of aircraft/drone incidents.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas