DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Air 2s uncontrollable flight and crash.

I know what dynamic home point is, but I don't know why this has showed up in the data or what it means there.
There are few odd things happening in the data ... it's not as simple and clear-cut as most are.
I was not 'telling' you what Dynamic home point is, I was asking you a question.
Typos excepted "does that mean the Air 2s have has automatic" updating "of the home point if the pilot and controller go for a wander?"
If they were going towards home, they would be pointing towards home ... but they are all over the place.
Agreed but when the drone flew away from the home point or wherever during its various errant wanderings it flew sideways as well as forwards, and so, at the start of the next RTH, it had to re-aim itself at the home point at the start of the next RTH.
Even if it had 'followed its nose' rather then flying diagonally wrt its nose it would still have had to do a "180" at the start of the next RTH

Reactions: Massabusa
I was not 'telling' you what Dynamic home point is, I was asking you a question.
Typos excepted "does that mean the Air 2s have has automatic" updating "of the home point if the pilot and controller go for a wander?"
I doubt it, perhaps it has something to do with active tracking.
How/why it popped up in this flight is a mystery.
Agreed but when the drone flew away from the home point or wherever during its various errant wanderings it flew sideways as well as forwards, and so, at the start of the next RTH, it had to re-aim itself at the home point at the start of the next RTH.
Even if it had 'followed its nose' rather then flying diagonally wrt its nose it would still have had to do a "180" at the start of the next RTH
But if it was RTH at work, the tracks flown should point towards the home point .. .and they don't.

But if it was RTH at work, the tracks flown should point towards the home point .. .and they don't.
I am afraid we will have to disagree..... unless you would care to show mw where I am mistaken.
As far as I can see, with the exception of the Go Home commencing 310sec every Go Home shows the drone pointing at the home point and either climbing to RTH height or moving towards the home point.
With regards to the Go Home commencing 310sec, that Go Home ends with the drone pointing at the home point, I have no idea why it behaved as it did during the early part of that Go Home.

Joystick input doesn't cancel RTH.
Possibly in the context you meant that is correct but, just for the record, the V1.0 manual does state the following on page 15.
"
During RTH, obstacles on either side of the aircraft cannot be detected or avoided.
When ascending in RTH, the aircraft will stop ascending if the throttle stick is pulled all the way down. The aircraft will exit from RTH if the throttle stick is held down for more than 10 seconds or the stick is recentered.
When flying forward in RTH, the aircraft will brake and hover in place if the pitch stick is pulled all the way down. The aircraft will exit from RTH if the pitch stick is held down for more than 10 seconds."

I am afraid we will have to disagree..... unless you would care to show mw where I am mistaken.
As far as I can see, with the exception of the Go Home commencing 310sec every Go Home shows the drone pointing at the home point and either climbing to RTH height or moving towards the home point.
With regards to the Go Home commencing 310sec, that Go Home ends with the drone pointing at the home point, I have no idea why it behaved as it did during the early part of that Go Home.

Possibly in the context you meant that is correct but, just for the record, the V1.0 manual does state the following on page 15.
"
During RTH, obstacles on either side of the aircraft cannot be detected or avoided.
When ascending in RTH, the aircraft will stop ascending if the throttle stick is pulled all the way down. The aircraft will exit from RTH if the throttle stick is held down for more than 10 seconds or the stick is recentered.
When flying forward in RTH, the aircraft will brake and hover in place if the pitch stick is pulled all the way down. The aircraft will exit from RTH if the pitch stick is held down for more than 10 seconds."
I can only say that I didn’t do anything intentionally to cancel the RTH. To me, a rank amateur, newb, inexperienced pilot- it seemed the canceling of RTH repeatedly was due to the stick issue. The software asked several times if I wanted “cancel RTH” and I did nothing, and it was cancelled anyway.
I really appreciate all the time and effort you guys have devoted to this crash, it is a great learning experience.
Thank you!

Update!!!
Heard back today-
DJI Is making a free repair/replacement of the RC and Air 2S.
Showing "Under Repair" status as of this AM.
Hopefully I get it back soon...I ordered an RC PRO...
Excited!
Happy ending and I have learned from this experience too.
I need to get a back up drone now-I want something that I can use with the new RC PRO, so another Air 2S or maybe I can wait for the Mini 3 .

Reactions: Prismatic
LOG- DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Normal flight good conditions- until the drone all of a sudden took off (straight ahead at full speed) without any input from me. I tried many times to get the RTH to function, and you can see from the log it returned to directly above home several times. The RC would intermittently ask if I wanted to cancel the landing/RTH- again without input from me and the RC. It finally crashed into a tree 1000 feet away from me, out of site- behind another house where I used "Find my Drone" to locate it. Some damaged props, a few bruises to the exterior. I got home and swapped out all 4 props, and tried to initiate a short test flight to see if the drone was operational. I took off and hovered at 3 feet, found that I had no control with the right stick for forward and backwards flight (mode 2 in use). I landed it and tried to calibrate the RC, was not able to get any signal from the right stick, so the calibration wouldn't complete. I tried many times and did get it to calibrate, but on the next quick flight = again hover at 3 feet, no forward or backward flight. I tried another Iphone, same result, wouldn't complete the RC calibrate due to no right stick. Looking at the log, it looks like it thought there was a full forward right stick, as it flew off at 30MPH... I've sent the RC and the drone off to DJI for service.
Anybody else seen this failure?
Is there anything else I could have done?
I was kind of in a panic.
I have same experience
I have an air 2s
When i take of drone , before touch any of the joystick and when in normal mode
Drone start going forward with top speed and hit itself to the tree that in 5-6 meter ahead
I haven’t any control on it
I think this is rarely problem and dji most be responsible for this
If anyone being in that way maybe injured them
Or damage something

I have same experience
I have an air 2s
When i take of drone , before touch any of the joystick and when in normal mode
Drone start going forward with top speed and hit itself to the tree that in 5-6 meter ahead
I haven’t any control on it
I think this is rarely problem and dji most be responsible for this
If anyone being in that way maybe injured them
Or damage something
The incident you describe is most likely caused by magnetic interference at the place you powered up and launched from.
Your recorded flight data would confirm whether this was the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder