DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App Crash with Smart Controller

RS6_Pilot

Reactions
It seems all the threads related to DJI App crashing/closing during flight are with phones or pads.

I am using the DJI Mavic Smart Controller. I also do not have any other apps open (that I'm aware of).

Lost connection only 25 yards from home in clear line of sight. I'm not sure if I still had control of drone. I panicked a bit so I was rotating instead of ascending. Anyways, the app came back to life, I reconnected and brought the drone home. I used RTH to make sure that feature was still working.

Can someone point me in the right direction of what I should be researching for this.

Thanks.

(Mavic Air 2)

Reactions: smealey714
Do you still have these crashes? Or how did you fix it?

I just got my MA2 and also got the crash the 2nd flight. Not a very nice feeling when that happens haha.

I have the same issue and can totally understand how you feel when trying to fly. I'm still having this issue. Did you find a fix?

I just tried to use waypoints today... and app would crash when I pressed GO. Worst of all after app recovered... the MP2 would do random drops in elevation... lose camera control etc. Not feeling much confidence using special modes with this controller. Has anyone gotten a response back from DJI regarding this troublesome and potentially DANGEROUS flaw?

It seems all the threads related to DJI App crashing/closing during flight are with phones or pads.

I am using the DJI Mavic Smart Controller. I also do not have any other apps open (that I'm aware of).

Lost connection only 25 yards from home in clear line of sight. I'm not sure if I still had control of drone. I panicked a bit so I was rotating instead of ascending. Anyways, the app came back to life, I reconnected and brought the drone home. I used RTH to make sure that feature was still working.

Can someone point me in the right direction of what I should be researching for this.

Thanks.

(Mavic Air 2)
Hello I am a new pilot are you just purchased my DJI mavic Air 2 the 28th of May and yesterday I lost connection with my smart remote and they crashed and broke the gimbals and I am hoping DJI will be able to help me.

I've been using the DJI Smart Controller for a while now with Litchi installed via google apps, since I had already payed for it via my android phone (S9) anyway it crashes now & again & I must admit it used to freak me out at first, but now it is more of an inconvienience than anything, I tend to fly waypoint missions & no matter how often the app crashes ( maybe 1 in 10 ) the MP2 carries on flawlessly & will finish the mission no problem, I haven't seen it do anything it wouldn't do if the app was running, so dont panic if it does crash - the app that is, just reload & leave the sticks parked until reload complete & carry on as usual.

Reactions: RS6_Pilot

Thanks.

(Mavic Air 2)
This also happens to me often. I ensure that the SC and MA2 are have all the required updates. Today I almost lost the drone in the East River in NYC. I was flying and I was almost 900FT out over the water. The MA2 was flying fine and then the app initially froze, followed by the restart at that point RTH on the screen was unresponsive. I was at 141FT and when I was looking at the screen I noticed the MA2 was descending as low as 11FT. I intervened and climbed and flew blind back to land. I checked the flight record and no indications that there were any problems during flight. Lastly I flew the Mini 2 in the exact same space and no issues with the app or controller at all. Apologies for the narrative but anyone have any feedback?

I've been using the DJI Smart Controller for a while now with Litchi installed via google apps, since I had already payed for it via my android phone (S9) anyway it crashes now & again & I must admit it used to freak me out at first, but now it is more of an inconvienience than anything, I tend to fly waypoint missions & no matter how often the app crashes ( maybe 1 in 10 ) the MP2 carries on flawlessly & will finish the mission no problem, I haven't seen it do anything it wouldn't do if the app was running, so dont panic if it does crash - the app that is, just reload & leave the sticks parked until reload complete & carry on as usual.
This is my solution as well but today the screen froze. RTH was inoperable and the unit dropped from 141FT to 11FT

I dont know if its been mentioned but I had the same issue with the DJI Fly App crashing every few minutes. I found a post some guy said it has to be a GOOD v30 SanDisk 32 GB SD Card (im sure others will work as long as its 4k compatible and fast) and he said it had to be 32 gb, not 64 or 128 or 16gb. 32GB it had to be. So, I saw some people trying it and saying that it fixed the problem. I tried it, and ive flown about 4 hours since then with zero issues. It seems to of been an issue with the SD card I had in the DJI Smart Controller. Originally i put a 128GB in there and it needed 32GB.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS