DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Assistant 2 compatibility help

bsshog40

Reactions
So I have an older laptop with windows vista. I downloaded and installed the assistant, restarted my laptop. When I open it, it gives me this error:

"The procedure entry point K32EnumProcesses could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Is this software not compatible with my computer?

Since I posted this, I also have a 10" HP pavillion that has Win10. It did open on this laptop but when I connected everything, just as the manual stated, it opened, but never did nothing. Kept showing the gif in the middle plugging a usb in even after I plugged the mp into it.

Last edited:
I'm using the MP charging cable. I'm guessing that may not be used for data transfer? I didn't think about that as most electronics you can use the same charging cable for data transfer also.

I'm using the MP charging cable. I'm guessing that may not be used for data transfer? I didn't think about that as most electronics you can use the same charging cable for data transfer also.
The cable is probably fine, but I always like to eliminate that first because whenever I don't first check my cables, it always turns out to be the **** cable.

Reactions: bsshog40
Meantime, let's assume your cable is fine. Or at least assume you'll check it or find another to test with.

On the windows machines you may need to change your security level, or even disable the firewall and system security completely. If that works, then you can go back and re-enable your security settings with exceptions for the DJI desktop app.

Edit: is there a reason you want to use the DJI assistant desktop app? You can do everything you need to do with a phone or tablet.

Edit 2: you should also try running the app as an admin. windows 10 run app as administrator - Google Search

Well ya know, I thought it had to be done from a pc by reading the manual. I just didnt look for the app. Lol I will do that. Thanks Dmbrody!

This may be a dumb question, what do I hook the controller when using the app or the MP?

Well ya know, I thought it had to be done from a pc by reading the manual. I just didnt look for the app. Lol I will do that. Thanks Dmbrody!

So I look in ghe ipad app store and no dji assistant app. Odd as I look in google play on my samsung note and its in there. So besides a pc, what is everyone else using the assistant app on?

So in the dji assistant app. Do I usb to the controller or the MP? Hook to controller and activate mp?
Also to add, I was able to download the assistant app on my samsung note thru google play, but was unable to find the app on my ipad in the app store.

Last edited:
Bss I think you are confused. There are two ways to update the firmware. At least there are for the MP2 and Zoom.
1. Use Assistant 2 for Mavic on a PC or MAC
Or
2. use the GO4App.

To use Assistant 2 for Mavic on a PC or MAC.
Download and install Assistant 2 for Mavic but if you do this on a windows 10 PC you might have to allow unsigned drivers before you carry out the install.

To allow unsigned drivers in windows 10 requires a system restart as follows.
  • Close all programs.
  • Click on windows key or the windows icon bottom left.
  • Click on the power button icon bottom left and a window will pop up with a restart option.
  • Hold the shift key down and click restart.
  • Windows goes into a different shutdown mode.
  • Click the Troubleshoot option
  • Click the Advanced options
  • Choose Startup Settings
  • At this point just click on the restart button displayed.
  • In the Startup Settings now displayed note the number of the (Disable driver signature enforcement) option and press that number function key.
  • The PC will now restart and in this session you should download and install Assistant 2 for Mavic.
Fully charge a battery for your drone. Connect the drone to a PC USB port.
Run Assistant 2 for Mavic and start the drone. After a few seconds Assistant 2 should recognise the drone as a connected device. Click on the device icon to start and see the options.

At a different time you can also connect your RC controller in the same manner and update the firmware of that.

The Go4App method to update the firmware is simpler. Just connect a phone or iPad to your controller with a USB cable.
Start the iPad/phone.
Start the drone. No blades needed.
Start the controller and connect to the drone as you would for flight. The App should now check the firmware and will update it if necessary.

Last edited:
Someone bored with nothing to do other than resurrect a 4 year old thread! They couldn’t even answer the question as they go with Windows 10 and the OP specifically mentions Vista, which was old in 2017.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98