DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI assistant 2 for mavic problems

Willi

Reactions
Happy new year everyone. FYI. Newbie here. I have purchased a used mavic pro, and it was working fine when i bought it. I was getting it all setup to fly when i got home, and i was hooking everything up. I noticed that there was message saying to update firmware, so i let it download and setup. Downloaded fine, and was installing, and the progress was sitting at 51%. It sat there for over 15 mins. When i started the updates, the battery power of the mavic was around 65%. And because the updating took so long the battery depleted to less than 10%. After reading on several forums, i downloaded dji assistant 2 for mavic. I have installed the software on several computers with no luck. What happens is that when i have the drone powered up, and plugged into the computer, i start up the assistant software, login, and nothing happens after that. The software sits there at the first page, showing a usb cord plugging into a port. Its like the software is not recognizing the drone or remote control. I have read several other people have had the same issue's. I have been in contact with dji tech support, and they weren't much help at all. So does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get by this issue so i can try and roll back update, or finish what it started?

Happy new year everyone. FYI. Newbie here. I have purchased a used mavic pro, and it was working fine when i bought it. I was getting it all setup to fly when i got home, and i was hooking everything up. I noticed that there was message saying to update firmware, so i let it download and setup. Downloaded fine, and was installing, and the progress was sitting at 51%. It sat there for over 15 mins. When i started the updates, the battery power of the mavic was around 65%. And because the updating took so long the battery depleted to less than 10%. After reading on several forums, i downloaded dji assistant 2 for mavic. I have installed the software on several computers with no luck. What happens is that when i have the drone powered up, and plugged into the computer, i start up the assistant software, login, and nothing happens after that. The software sits there at the first page, showing a usb cord plugging into a port. Its like the software is not recognizing the drone or remote control. I have read several other people have had the same issue's. I have been in contact with dji tech support, and they weren't much help at all. So does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get by this issue so i can try and roll back update, or finish what it started?
Any yellow exclamation marks under Device Manager in your computer after plugging in your drone?

If you get any errors on drivers in DM, select to look for driver updates.

Also try running Assistant as Administrator.

I was using "Assistant 2" with my Mavic 2 pro and having problems.
That was resolved when I uninstalled "Assistant 2" and downloaded and used "Assistant 2 for Mavic".
Perhaps if you have a "Mavic Pro" you might need to use "Assistant 2"
and not "Assistant 2 for Mavic". Just a thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr