DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI China temporary closure

Brockrock

Reactions
I woke to this news this morning. It arrived in an email from a company that I have done business with in RI known as Cloud City Drones. I was kind of expecting this at some point, so not a shock. God Bless China right now.

"DJI China Closed

An official email was released today to some dealers stating that the DJI main headquarters in China will be closed for an extended time. They list this date currently as February 10th.
As a DJI Enterprise dealer who receives finished goods directly from DJI this may cause interruptions in product availability especially with business level products like the Matrice and Mavic 2 Enterprise.
We suggest that customers looking to purchase in the new two months get orders in as soon as possible as manufacturing, processing and shipping may be problematic."

You can expect it next year also. It’s called Chinese New Year.
I guess that makes sense. With all that's going on over there right now though, I assumed it was more precautionary.

You can expect it next year also. It’s called Chinese New Year.
While they do take a holiday for their Lunar New Year just as others do for Christmas and New Year, I think that the current health crisis might have more to do with this closure. Let’s hope that the spread of Corona Virus can be limited and that those affected recover.

CNY was supposed to end 1/30 they extended it due to corona

And yes dji along w/ the rest of china has been closed for almost a month so you can't really place any new orders till they open. Also they not are shipping any existing orders till they reopen (can really use MM Parts ordered 11/20/19 that never shipped!)

CNY was supposed to end 1/30 they extended it due to corona

And yes dji along w/ the rest of china has been closed for almost a month so you can't really place any new orders till they open. Also they not are shipping any existing orders till they reopen (can really use MM Parts ordered 11/20/19 that never shipped!)
That might be true.

My experience has demonstrated that while the official CNY holiday period (close down) is 1 week most businesses seem to close for two weeks with some extending that to four.

Yes- according to reports some provinces had an official extension to the CNY period this year.

Does anyone know what city (or cities) in China DJI's HQ and manufacturing facilities are located?

Website is showing next day shipping on Mavic 2. Someone most be working. DJI tends to keep availability issue pretty current.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13