DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.4

lpff

Reactions
Today I flew my MM in a very windy hill, close to me in order to check the new app, 1.2.4. Wind was about the limits of the drone.
No more red notifications about strong winds during my flight. Has somebody checked that?
Happened all the time for no reason with earlier versions, now seems no wind messages at all!
On the other hand I have this message in the log, which may make sense:

Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significantAircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution.
If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168)

Clipboard01.jpg

What phone are you using?
Indoors, in a WELL LIT room, take off, hover for a minute or so and I do mean hover don't even touch the sticks during the hover (unless of course the drone is heading for a crash), then land.
Locate the DAT flight log for the flight and post it on here.
see
It may be that the DAT is encrypted and unreadable but we can but try.

...Locate the DAT flight log for the flight and post it on here
PhantomHelp only reads .TXT logs ... no DAT's

They are, as all other DAT's ... the culprit though, is that no mobile device DAT coming from a DJI FLY app version above 1.2.1 can be decrypted right now ... the needed program TXTlogToCSVtoolXX.exe needs to be updated first & it haven't been that so far.

So unreadable I'm afraid ...

I had deleted the phantomhelp link before you posted, sorry about that.

I too thought that the DATs recorded under 1.2.xyz were encrypted but I recently put 1.2.4 on an android phone and flew a test flight, the txt was encrypted but what I think is the DAT was readable by DatCon 4.0.4.
I have yet to confirm whether the DAT is from that flight and would not be surprised if I have got the logs mixed up but it is the reason for "may be".

Reactions: slup
Indoors, in a WELL LIT room, take off, hover for a minute or so and I do mean hover don't even touch the sticks during the hover (unless of course the drone is heading for a crash), then land.
see
Xiaomi Note 10 Android 10. What are you looking for in the DAT file?

Xiaomi Note 10 Android 10. What are you looking for in the DAT file?
IN the DAT log is the motor data & among them the rpm's of each motor ... the Not Enough Force/ESC Error can indicate that one or several motors are up on max ... & that can point to that some props are deformed & can't generate enough thrust.

No explanation to the missing wind warnings can be found in there though ...

IN the DAT log is the motor data & among them the rpm's of each motor ... the Not Enough Force/ESC Error can indicate that one or several motors are up on max ... & that can point to that some props are deformed & can't generate enough thrust.

OK I will do it right now.

Here is the file taken from my mobile. Please advise me how to open this file, I didn't find a solution so I use Airdata UAV.

Attachments

• 2021-02-28_18-13-11_FLY010.DAT
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
see
Here is the file taken from my mobile. Please advise me how to open this file, I didn't find a solution so I use Airdata UAV.

Attachments

• 2021-02-28_18-13-11_FLY010.DAT
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
...but what I think is the DAT was readable by DatCon 4.0.4.
If this DAT is from a FLY app version above 1.2.1 then I stand partly corrected ... I think.
It gives out some oddities here & there & missing a header ... but the motor rpm's was written out actually. Wonder if this is consistent ...
As I take it you've done a hover test ... which can be somewhat difficult to interpret if the loss of thrust is small. Your motor data look's rpm wise like this during the hover ... (I show the data groups used under the chart so you can repeat this by yourself)

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1614533385004.png

The rpm's should normally be rather equal in a hover ... I don't react any particular by what they show. Right front & Left back are relatively constant but the Left front & Right back changes somewhat. This may be from prop wash bouncing from near objects or it can indicate that the clock wise torquing pair (Left front & Right back) give uneven thrust... & any of the 2 props there isn't good.

If you have new props you can try to swap them in all around & see if this picture changes.

The software used here is CsvView ... to much to explain, you have to read up on how to use it. Here is some reading CsvView Introduction & more here (in post #1) Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Download CsvView here CsvView Downloads

Reactions: lpff
What are you looking for in the DAT file?
Motor speeds as Slup said.
However I do think this chart is a bit odd, normally the rear motors have the faster average, possibly due to the COG being towards the rear of the drone. In your chart the split is largely left vs right.
Perversely I have just done a hover test with my 2nd MM and it shows a left vs right split but you can see a differing range of speeds between our drones.
I am going to give my original MM a quick flight and see what it shows.

Attachments

• MM#2 prop test.png
    MM#2 prop test.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
If this DAT is from a FLY app version above 1.2.1 then I stand partly corrected ... I think.
It gives out some oddities here & there & missing a header ... but the motor rpm's was written out actually. Wonder if this is consistent ...

As I take it you've done a hover test ... which can be somewhat difficult to interpret if the loss of thrust is small. Your motor data look's rpm wise like this during the hover ... (I show the data groups used under the chart so you can repeat this by yourself)

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
View attachment 124803

The rpm's should normally be rather equal in a hover ... I don't react any particular by what they show. Right front & Left back are relatively constant but the Left front & Right back changes somewhat. This may be from prop wash bouncing from near objects or it can indicate that the clock wise torquing pair (Left front & Right back) give uneven thrust... & any of the 2 props there isn't good.

If you have new props you can try to swap them in all around & see if this picture changes.

The software used here is CsvView ... to much to explain, you have to read up on how to use it. Here is some reading CsvView Introduction & more here (in post #1) Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Download CsvView here CsvView Downloads
Many thanks. This was a test in my home at 1,5m over a small yellow carpet over a bigger dark red one. Minor corrections left to right occurred.
I have no problems during flights, I mean drifting as a result of uneven torque. MM is always well pointed. In any case I can try change props. I remember once propellers hitting my fingers during hand landing, then the drone landed normally one the ground. Strange, my Bebop was cutting-off motors in a case like that.
BTW, software works OK but is technically oriented, no info for altimeter, course, speed etc

Motor speeds as Slup said.
However I do think this chart is a bit odd, normally the rear motors have the faster average, possibly due to the COG being towards the rear of the drone. In your chart the split is largely left vs right.
Perversely I have just done a hover test with my 2nd MM and it shows a left vs right split but you can see a differing range of speeds between our drones.
I am going to give my original MM a quick flight and see what it shows.
Thanks. See my answer to slup above

This is funny, this is a hover test, just flown, for my original MM. It too is showing a left vs right split in motor speeds.
One interesting point, the motors on my original MM are in general rotating slightly faster than those of the 2nd MM. My original MM has an skin of orange insulating tape, the 2nd MM is bare.

Attachments

• MM#1 motor test.png
    MM#1 motor test.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
This is funny, this is a hover test, just flown, for my original MM. It too is showing a left vs right split in motor speeds.
One interesting point, the motors on my original MM are in general rotating slightly faster than those of the 2nd MM. My original MM has an skin of orange insulating tape, the 2nd MM is bare.
I think that we're chatting much for a problem that does not exist. My first question was: what is this problem
Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significant Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution.

I assume that durin flying in high speed wind MM is stressed, mainly in its electronics. Why I don't have wind warning messages is unexplainable, maybe a bug in the 1.2.4 version. Let us see...

I'm usually a bit hesitant over these hover tests ... with smaller thrust --> rpm differences it's hard to say so much definitive & if actually those rpm differences either diagonal or side to side really make any difference in real flights or if they were induced due to being made indoors close to walls/ground or other objects that can cause buffeting.

The safest way to judge is to check off if the AC can tilt according to spec or not ... that's more definitive.

I think that we're chatting much for a problem that does not exist...

I can agree to that ... if noticeable slow in forward flight with no special head wind, there could be a problem. That error originated most probably from a short max rpm burst & not much more.

My two tests show a motor speed spread from around 9,400 to 10,380 for MM#1 and 9,000 to 9,800 for MM#2.
lpff's speeds range from around 9,620 to 11,000+ ish.
I think there might be a reason for that.
However I have made my point and will leave it at that.
Best of luck whatever you do.

I think that we're chatting much for a problem that does not exist. My first question was: what is this problem
Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Low severity, impact on safety is likely not significant Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution.

I assume that durin flying in high speed wind MM is stressed, mainly in its electronics. Why I don't have wind warning messages is unexplainable, maybe a bug in the 1.2.4 version. Let us see...
The .DAT that you submitted did not show notEnoughForce being true.
1614545680315.png
Maybe it's the wrong one. That .DAT was created 2021-2-28 16:13:56. Can you provide either the .txt or the AirData link where you saw the Not Enough Force notification?

... normally the rear motors have the faster average, possibly due to the COG being towards the rear of the drone. ...
The centre of gravity (COG) is actually slightly forward of midpoint, at least it is on my Mini.

I marked the intersection of lines drawn diagonally between the motor centres.
IMG_01.JPG

IMG_02.JPG

Those lines cross 11/16" ahead of the DJI logo embossed on the back of the Mini.
IMG_03.JPG

I suspended the Mini from a string with the knot centred on that mark.
IMG_04.JPG

The Mini hangs slightly nose down indicating that the Mini is actually slightly nose-heavy.
IMG_05.JPG

With the knot moved approx 1/4" forward of the geometric centre. the mass is balanced so the Mini hangs level. I'm assuming the mass of my "If found" label is negligible. But you can try this yourself.
IMG_06.JPG
IMG_07.JPG

This is a pretty crude method, but it's sufficient to demonstrate that the Centre of Gravity is actually located somewhat forward of the Mini's midpoint. If anything, in a hover, the front motors are supporting more weight and thus should be rotating slightly faster than the rear motors.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
In my next life, if I want to fly drones - even as a hobby, guess I will need to get a degree in...??? Computer Coding from either NASA or M.I.T.. Hats off to all those that can understand this. LOL, and I thought figuring out Flight Simulator was confusing at times!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada