DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly and smartphone's screen auto rotating

RotatingBirds

Reactions
Despite my smartphone being set not to auto rotate the display when the phone is rotated, I often find that when I'm moving around the Fly app inverts (which I can of course revert by making sure the phone/controller is held specifically at the correct angle).

Is there a way to prevent the Fly app from auto rotating?

@RotatingBirds hi fellow flyer i do not wish to appear rude ,but i find it very difficult to picture a scenario ,when the drone is being flown ,that would result in the screen rotating
perhaps you fly your drone while lying down on the ground

:)

Ah, now I know why, I shouldn't fly the drone while standing on my head ............ :)

I'm not sure why it happens to be honest, I have the controller hooked up to a strap/lanyard around my neck so it's at about waist level, but despite me not tilting it much the screen flips from time to time. Could be a gyro sensitivity issue with my phone but if I could somehow lock the Fly app in one position all would be well.

may i suggest that you try a shorter lanyard so the screen is higher ,i notice that you have posted in the control Apps forum, so are you flying your drone manually, or using the auto flight modes ,you really need to keep the antennas flat surfaces pointing towards the drone as it flies to improve the signal link between the RC and the drone as much as possible
there are many different types of RC support straps that go over the shoulders and around the waist that support the RC and screen and stop it tipping forwards during use

Reactions: RotatingBirds
I think what you're describing is the screen being inverted, flipped top to bottom. I see that with my tablet occasionally when I let the tablet and controller hand from the lanyard and the tablet tilts beyond horizontal. It quickly orients itself properly when I return the table to the normal position.

It's your phone inverting the image, not the app. There's an app available to control screen orientation that might do the trick for you.

Reactions: RotatingBirds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo