DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly app - creator - trimming music

Mothman

Reactions
Finally got out with my new mini and got some shots, and once back home I got playing with the editor in dji fly.

I chose Pro mode, grabbed 7-8 clips, chose one of the existing, provided, music clips, and got cutting.

After spending half an hour editing, I'm at the end, and of course my video length isn't the same as the music length... My video ends before the music.

I assumed I'd be able to trim the audio track, just like I can trim the video clips, and then fade the volume ... But I can't figure out how, of it it's possible.

There is a Trim funtion for the music track but I can't figure out what it's supposed to do... Seems like all I can do with it is slide the start of the audio track back forth a second or so.

Am I able to do what I'm wanting? Or does the app editor force you to match your video clip lengths with the music? (In which case I'll have to switch to a new audio track and start over)

If you have a longer track, or a repeating track, you could just fade out the music to meet the time requirements.

many such tracks are free from sound image.org for free from Eric Matyas:

Eric also posts new ones on this forum regularly... search his name.

If you have a longer track, or a repeating track, you could just fade out the music to meet the time requirements.

many such tracks are free from sound image.org for free from Eric Matyas:

Eric also posts new ones on this forum regularly... search his name.
It's the fading out that I can't figure out.

I click the Music edit icon (looks like a music note), then there's a Volume option.

I click that and select the Fade out option... But it doesn't change the music. The audio still plays as normal, past the end of the last video clip. It's fading at the end of the 2 minute music track, while I want it to fade at the end of my 1.5 minute video montage.

I must be missing something.

Last edited:
Sorry... I don’t use adobe software for my drone video... I use iMovie on my iMac.
Someone will likely be along soon with your answer.

You will need a third party app... I use iMovie. Others like Adobe products.
OK will poke around.

I have heard imovie is easy and somewhat capable but the only,apple device I have is this phone and the imovie app on the phone didn't look like it has much for functionality.

I've read that Davinci Resolve is a potent editor, and free... I looked briefly at it last night and it looks to have a steep learning curve. Lol

Will see what I can figure out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom