DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app install error

emailman

Reactions
Now that the weather is better, I am going to get my Mini going and learn to fly. My current cell phone in its case is too big to fit in the controller. So I saw a Nokia 2.3 on clearance at target and I thought it would be a good dedicated phone for use with my new Mini.

I downloaded the APK file from the DJI site, gave it permissions to install yet it will not install. It does not give a specific error and says "App not installed" then I can only click on done.

It is a 64bit phone running Android10 (Android One) and does have only 2GB of RAM. I think that may be the problem.

I appreciate any thoughts the members of this board may have

Hi emailman

i am in a similar situation... I tried to download the app on my phone and it refused..

If you look at the requirements on the app download page pointed out to me by others here... DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

you will see a list of tested devices.. mine wasn't on it either :(

I have bought a used Redmi 5 Pro in advance of my Mini 2 coming.. the app installed fine and is only waiting for a controller to connect too... Others will have more input on devices they are using. It was a purchase i didn't anticipate but if you want to use the Mini I don't see another way.

All the best with it

Well things went well with the used phone and Mini 2

It connects very quickly and has done so for the last 6 connections.

I had a Breeze 4K previously and it would not find its WiFi 3 times out of 4. I sent it back for a refund.

This controller is something else!... but you do need the proper phone/tablet

Hi emailman

i am in a similar situation... I tried to download the app on my phone and it refused..

If you look at the requirements on the app download page pointed out to me by others here... DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

you will see a list of tested devices.. mine wasn't on it either :(

I have bought a used Redmi 5 Pro in advance of my Mini 2 coming.. the app installed fine and is only waiting for a controller to connect too... Others will have more input on devices they are using. It was a purchase i didn't anticipate but if you want to use the Mini I don't see another way.

All the best with it
Hello,
You found a solution?
I have the same problem, but with another cell phone.

Regards.

Hello,
You found a solution?
I have the same problem, but with another cell phone.

Regards.
yes.. as mentioned in my reply i bought a used Redmi 5 Pro.

I only used for the RC connection and display. no SIM. I update it over wifi from my normal phone or on home WiFi

It is not a current model but I see them on eBay.. It was approx £60 and arrived as in new condition.

no problems using it with Mini2/RC

You can get a phone on eBay cheep that's what I had to do when the mini came out good luck

Reactions: Grazuncle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS