DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app issues and compatibility samsung A51

AndreGaglia

Reactions
Hi everybody,
I would like to know if there are any compatibility issues with dji fly app and samsung A51, considering that I wanted to buy a mavic mini and I heard of some possible problems with the new version of the dji app. Thanks in advance, bye from Italy. :)

I have the A71 with the Snapdragon processor. For a mid range phone, I really like it. With the early Fly app releases the app would crash on the phone. The first time was an Oh No! moment, but it restarted quickly with the live video feed being down for less than 15 seconds. This only happened maybe 3 times out of 100 flights. Since the summer of last year the Fly app has never crashed since. To minimize any issues with the Fly app, I always reboot the phone to close out background apps and turn off wifi/bluetooth.

so basically the app should work on the mobile, then maybe could I switch the mobile on flight mode?!

so basically the app should work on the mobile, then maybe could I switch the mobile on flight mode?!
I only turn off wifi and bluetooth to possibly eliminate any interference it may cause with the RC. I'll leave the 4G up instead of turning it off because I'm too lazy to cache the map before I go out.

Whatever phone you go with, make sure this setting is on.
1618036834044.png
If the Fly app crashes it should automatically restart and bring up the live video feed and telemetry once it's back up. Just don't panic. As long as no pressure is applied to the sticks the aircraft will just hover. If for some reason you can't get the app to run again, just hit the RTH button. The aircraft can fly just fine without the app running.

A51 5G runs dji fly app 100%.
Flawless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929