DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App no longer runs on Android 12 or is in Play Store

BenF

Reactions
Haven't flown in awhile, so not sure when it got broken.
I have two Android phones.
Galaxy S21 Ultra -Android Version 12
Galaxy S10+ -Android Version 12
On both, when the DJI Fly app is opened, it prompts to clear cache. That fails.
Deleted app. Went to Play Store to re-install and the DJI fly app is no longer there?? !!!

Luckily the IPAD DJI Fly App still works, so I can at least fly with the IPAD.

DJI Pilot is for the Enterprise line. Completely irrelevant with Consumer drones.
I believe he was stating that his Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual was now useless since Pilot doesn't work with Android 12.

Reactions: Faster
Need to download it directly from DJI.

Thank-you!
The App worked fine on the Galaxy S10+ - Android Version 12. I can fly again with this phone.
The Galaxy S21 Ultra - Android Version 12 locks up on the attached screen capture. Every
area on the screen has been pressed and nothing more than a click, happens. The DJI Fly app does not continue.
Any ideas?
1650029332804.png

Deleted app. Went to Play Store to re-install and the DJI fly app is no longer there?? !!!

I have Android 12 running on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, and it worked just fine a couple of days ago. The weather here has taken a turn for the worse, so I can't go check it today.

When I got my first DJI bird, a Mini-2, the phone I had wouldn't run DJI Fly. It was a lame low-end phone that I needed to replace anyway, so I got the S20 Note.

I wanted to get the S20 Ultra, but at the time, there were reports that the Ultra version wouldn't run Fly reliably.

I don't know if that's related to your issue, just FYI.

MM

Strange, I have android 11 (Redmi 9S) and almost the latest version of DJI Fly, with no issue so far

Strange, I have android 11 (Redmi 9S) and almost the latest version of DJI Fly, with no issue so far
I think it's most likely to be an incompatibility with that specific phone model, and not with Android 12 generally.

Fly doesn't seem to reliably like the Ultras.

YMMV.

MM

Thank-you!
The App worked fine on the Galaxy S10+ - Android Version 12. I can fly again with this phone.
The Galaxy S21 Ultra - Android Version 12 locks up on the attached screen capture. Every
area on the screen has been pressed and nothing more than a click, happens. The DJI Fly app does not continue.
Any ideas?
Maybe try the "Back" gesture, or go in phone display settings and try changing the resolution settings, that's helped sometimes in the past.

I had to download it directly from DJI.

I think it's most likely to be an incompatibility with that specific phone model, and not with Android 12 generally.

Fly doesn't seem to reliably like the Ultras.

YMMV.

MM
I think is more related to Android 12 and the processor, the Snapdragon works perfectly but the Exynos doesn't.

To get the DJI Fly app, go directly to DJI.com and to the Store, and download it there (they also have the QR code floating around) Clicking on the .apk file will start the install process.

yeah, i found that out when installing dji fly on my s10 edge. i had already ordered the mini 3 pro from b&h and had to send it back. very disapointing.

To get the DJI Fly app, go directly to DJI.com and to the Store, and download it there (they also have the QR code floating around) Clicking on the .apk file will start the install process.
i did that with the same result. doesn't work on my s10. guess i'll stick with my mavic air

I have the same problem, the Go 4 App downloaded from DJI won't work anymore now that the S20 updated to Android 12.
The app just won't open, reinstalled twice. Lucky that I have the goggles to connect to so I can fly it, but it is not as good as using the phone was.
Do I have to buy another phone or tablet to fly as I used too?

It was a rhetorical question, I'm not getting a new phone I'm looking for a better drone flying package/system.
They can't all be this bad, can they?

As of earlier this week, google rolled out android 13 and the current apps from dji no longer open, was working flawlessly on 12 for me. They have pushed build 1.6.12 which works again

Last edited:
The latest Fly version works on Android 13.
There is a beta Go4 linked on the DJI forum which works on 13.

Has someone out there had an issue with the DJI Fly 1.6.12 version using either Samsung A23 or A33?
On another topic - Mavic Air 2 users, have you noticed DJI Fly 1.6.12 version that the ZOOM Function(gimbal plus function button combination) is no longer functioning on iOS iPhone 10?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom