DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app on Smart controller

jmorales71

Reactions
Hope i can find a solution , last night I updated the smart controller for finally to be used with my MA2 everything went fine but when I want to run the fly app into the smart controller, screen said android system stop working and closing the app it was no way to make it work , I hope one of our members can help to have some guide on this problem , I tried with DJI support, but no answer... by the way I’m a newbie So excuse me if the solution is simple and I just can’t see it , thanks in advance,

Go to settings and reset to factory settings. Refresh again the FW with the DJI assistance 2 for Mavic.

The app is built in to the firmware. Make sure you have at least 3GB free in the internal memory. Do not update from WiFi.

Reactions: jmorales71
I got mine about a week ago. Turned it on, connected to wifi, powered on the drone and worked fine. Had to do a few more updates this week though, using wifi.

Does this mean I can fly the Mavic Mini as well with the Smart controller now?

As far as Today September 24, 2020, you can’t. Tomorrow who knows if DJI release a new update making it compatible. I do t see why not if is the same app. I can see that happening in a near feature.

Reactions: Gary R and JoostGT3
I got mine about a week ago. Turned it on, connected to wifi, powered on the drone and worked fine. Had to do a few more updates this week though, using wifi.

The new update that makes the Mavic Air 2 compatible was released 2 days ago. Most likely you need to update the FW to be updated.

As far as Today September 24, 2020, you can’t. Tomorrow who knows if DJI release a new update making it compatible. I do t see why not if is the same app. I can see that happening in a near feature.
Would be sooooo good if it is possible ,and they did release the necessary firmware.

Reactions: Gary R
Go to settings and reset to factory settings. Refresh again the FW with the DJI assistance 2 for Mavic.

The app is built in to the firmware. Make sure you have at least 3GB free in the internal memory. Do not update from WiFi.
Thanks , it works great

Reactions: zeusfl
Does this mean I can fly the Mavic Mini as well with the Smart controller now?

There is absolutely NO WAY a Mavic Mini will ever fly with a DJI SC. Mavic Mini is using a Enhanced WiFi protocol for it's transmission. The SC and supported aircraft all use OccuSync 2.0, not even in the same ballpark. Would be kinda funny though $400 dollar aircraft being flown with a $750 controller. Although not unheard of in the 40 years I have been flying, My R/C's were $700 computer rigs and flew whatever from Heli to fixed wing....But simply Mavic Mini isn't gonna happen.

There is absolutely NO WAY a Mavic Mini will ever fly with a DJI SC. Mavic Mini is using a Enhanced WiFi protocol for it's transmission. The SC and supported aircraft all use OccuSync 2.0, not even in the same ballpark. Would be kinda funny though $400 dollar aircraft being flown with a $750 controller. Although not unheard of in the 40 years I have been flying, My R/C's were $700 computer rigs and flew whatever from Heli to fixed wing....But simply Mavic Mini isn't gonna happen.

However the Smart Controller is WiFi capable i mean regulars. May be can be done but without long distance with limitations.

Reactions: omoss
Hello guys, quick question (if not wrong topic) - How can I reset Mavic Mini to factory settings? DJI ASSISTANT 2 FOR MAVIC doesn't have this option for Mavic Mini.Thx

Hello guys, quick question (if not wrong topic) - How can I reset Mavic Mini to factory settings? DJI ASSISTANT 2 FOR MAVIC doesn't have this option for Mavic Mini.Thx
You can refresh the firmware that is basically reinstall the firmware and does the same outcome.

However the Smart Controller is WiFi capable i mean regulars. May be can be done but without long distance with limitations.
In theory yes, as the WiFi hardware is probably the same. But the protocol is modified somehow. After all, you don't see a Mini advertise on a phone's Wi-Fi like you'd see a Tello.
I haven't explicitly checked, but I don't think I've seen the mini show up using my WiFi analyzer app. That app can detect signals from sources where the SSID is not broadcasted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143