DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app update

NewToFlySky

Reactions
I have an android tablet. Can I update from within the app or do I need to uninstall the app I have and download the new version from the dji website? App update notice not appearing on app now. Thanks for any help provided.

You should be able to update it within the app. On my Galaxy S7, the update always fails to install. In that case, I uninstall, download the latest APK from the DJI website, the install it. So if updating within the app doesn't work for you, you might try that. I mainly use my Smart Controller so this doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Bransty
You should be able to update it within the app. On my Galaxy S7, the update always fails to install. In that case, I uninstall, download the latest APK from the DJI website, the install it. So if updating within the app doesn't work for you, you might try that. I mainly use my Smart Controller so this doesn't bother me.
Thanks so much, will give it a try.

Reactions: Bransty
I have to close the fly app then reopen it once it's downloaded the new version. The update pop-up should re-appear asking you if you want to install. Once it installs it should then go to another screen telling you its installing resource data. Once that's done it was good to go on both phone and tablet.

I have to close the fly app then reopen it once it's downloaded the new version. The update pop-up should re-appear asking you if you want to install. Once it installs it should then go to another screen telling you its installing resource data. Once that's done it was good to go on both phone and tablet.
Same here on both my MA2 and MM2, test flights went perfectly.

Greetings,
My bet is that your issue isn't what you're flying, it's your device.
The new GO4 App - recently released - only supports a very few devices.
I for one am unhappy that DJI has an App that only works with a few devices.
Here's the list, and if anyone has a workaround on how to still fly using another App (since I don't want to go buy a new Device) I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks!

dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png

Attachments

• dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png
    dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png
    126 KB · Views: 5
Greetings,
My bet is that your issue isn't what you're flying, it's your device.
The new GO4 App - recently released - only supports a very few devices.
I for one am unhappy that DJI has an App that only works with a few devices.
Here's the list, and if anyone has a workaround on how to still fly using another App (since I don't want to go buy a new Device) I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks!

View attachment 153075having issues with DJi App as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa