DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV controller 2 and crazy eBay prices

4 inch pistons

Reactions
I have bought a few DJI items on eBay--new and refurbished with success. I have been looking for a FPV controller 2 for the Avata and posted on the FPV forums for a few weeks without success so I went on eBay. All of the deals on used controllers were between $220-$300 for new open box and refurbished units. Then I checked the DJI website and found NEW controllers for $199. I messaged a few dealers asking for an explanation with no reply.

I am sort of new to this, but has there been a sudden reduction in price by DJI or else why are used or re-ferbs prices higher?

Just asking what I have missed?

Sometimes, it gets pretty bone dry… there’s no stock at stores (DJI store, BHPhoto, etc). So just supply and demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: maggior
I have bought a few DJI items on eBay--new and refurbished with success. I have been looking for a FPV controller 2 for the Avata and posted on the FPV forums for a few weeks without success so I went on eBay. All of the deals on used controllers were between $220-$300 for new open box and refurbished units. Then I checked the DJI website and found NEW controllers for $199. I messaged a few dealers asking for an explanation with no reply.

I am sort of new to this, but has there been a sudden reduction in price by DJI or else why are used or re-ferbs prices higher?

eBay is stupid like this. There was a supply issue with the controller when the Avata came out so prices on eBay skyrocketed. I was on the hunt for one too but refused to pay the asking prices on eBay. I ended up getting one from Florida Drone Supply new for the normal DJI asking prices of $199.

Reactions: anotherlab
I finally got mine from B&H Photo after a two and a half month wait. Not sure why DJI can't step up manufacturing of these units. The motion controller is fun and all but not suitable for precision flying and video graph. I wish they would have offered the Avata with the FPV controller out of the box originally.

eBay is sometimes great for buyers. Sellers, not so much. The fees they charge are way too much.
I won't buy or sell anymore on eBay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N