DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 connection issues.

Boab

Reactions
Hey folks, yet another pilot with app connection issues here...

I've been bouncing around the net for months trying to find a solution to this issue but just can't seem to solve it.

I've had my Mavic Pro for a couple of years now, flight times have been a bit lacking due to the covid restrictions, but I'm back in the sky again now. When I first got the drone, I had an older phone that was to be only for flying with, an LG G5. It connected flawlessly and everything was good for around 4/5 flights, then it stopped connecting. I tried all the usual stuff, new cables, deleting the app, updating firmware, etc, nothing worked. I then added the app to my everyday phone, Samsung S20, it connected, I was happy for around 4/5 flights then it too stopped working. I then connected my back up phone, Doogee S68 Pro, this lasted 4/5 flights before going the same way. I finally connected a Samsung tablet and it has worked ever since... But the tablet makes the set up time ridiculous and makes the controller cumbersome... It works, but I bought the MP for it's portability.

I've tried both DJI and generic cables, both ports on the controller (ensuring only one cable fitted), firmware updates to all devices, firmware downgrades (all kept failing), app uninstall and reinstall, older versions of the app (dowloaded from DJI website but with no resource files), factory resetting 2 of the phones, USB debugging on and off, starting things up in specific orders (RC/MP/APP)... Each phone connects in WiFi mode but not RC, sometimes, the phones will show 'RC connected' while it checks for firmware version then immediately disconnects.

Today, I was out with a friend, he added the app to his phone and it connected straight away... It's so erratic that I just can't figure out what it could be! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Can it be solved? Am I forced to use a tablet from now on?

Thank you for reading this long winded cry for help...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada