DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 5 app?

MAJ Mavic

Reactions
Greetings!
Just curious if it's just me... I can see the DJI GO 5 folder/files when I look at the File Manager on my Smart Controller- but, the only App available is DJI GO 4. As well, now I cannot seem to see any files (.mp4) to edit using the video editor. :\
Anyone else have access to the DJI GO 5 app?
Thanks!
MAJ

On a 'normal' phone the FLY app's files show up in the folder dji.go.v5. At a guess it's something similar since the SC can fly the MA2.

Reactions: MAJ Mavic
On a 'normal' phone the FLY app's files show up in the folder dji.go.v5. At a guess it's something similar since the SC can fly the MA2.
When I open the Files App on IOS, there is a "DJI Fy" Folder, under which there are a number of files and other folders including the flight logs and records, etc.. I do not see anything called dji go anywhere. Not sure if its different on another version of the Fly App

Sorry maybe I have confused you, the opening post concerned a Smart controller and something named "DJI GO 5".
My intention was to suggest that, since the smart controller can presumably use the FLY app to control the MA2, perhaps this "DJI GO 5" relates to provision for installing the FLY or that the FLY is already installed on the smart controller.
On an android phone I see the attached in the folder named "DJI" and the name "dji.go.v5" relates to the FLY app.
It seems under IOS the names given to the uppermost folders are different from those used under Androis..

Attachments

• dji app in DJI folder.png
    dji app in DJI folder.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MAJ Mavic
Sorry maybe I have confused you, your opening post concerned a Smart controller and something named "DJI GO 5".
My intention was to suggest that, since the smart controller can presumably use the FLY app t control the MA2, perhaps this "DJI GO 5" relates to provision for installing the FLY or that the FLY is already installed on your smart controller.
On an android phone I see the attached in the folder named "DJI" and the name "dji.go.v5" relates to the FLY app.
It seems under IOS the names given to the uppermost folders are different from those used under Androis..
that is confusing... but as long as it works, and you know where to find things if needed.

Not sure if DJI is planning anymore updates to GO then perhaps to resolve OS issues..

that is confusing... but as long as it works, and you know where to find things if needed.

Not sure if DJI is planning anymore updates to GO then perhaps to resolve OS issues..
Sorry maybe I have confused you, the opening post concerned a Smart controller and something named "DJI GO 5".
My intention was to suggest that, since the smart controller can presumably use the FLY app to control the MA2, perhaps this "DJI GO 5" relates to provision for installing the FLY or that the FLY is already installed on the smart controller.
Thanks! That makes sense. I suppose I assumed I'd see a separate folder that followed some naming convention using "FLY" for the DJI FLY app. Indeed, both are installed on the Smart Controller. DJI GO 4 and DJI FLY.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929