DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles info

memtenn60

Reactions
I bought the DJI goggles recently and have been learning the operation and features. I have checked forums and Youtube and the manuals for one on screen feature but cannot find an explanation in any reviews or tutorials. I do not understand what the arrow and lines and degrees in the middle of the screen mean. I think it tells which way North is but that is all I can figure out. I am sure if I Knew what it means it would be helpful to my flight info.
The DJI manual doesn't even mention this feature. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought the DJI goggles recently and have been learning the operation and features. I have checked forums and Youtube and the manuals for one on screen feature but cannot find an explanation in any reviews or tutorials. I do not understand what the arrow and lines and degrees in the middle of the screen mean. I think it tells which way North is but that is all I can figure out. I am sure if I Knew what it means it would be helpful to my flight info.
The DJI manual doesn't even mention this feature. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello, so this reply will be under the assumption that your asking about either the white Goggles or the Black (w/ red vinyl on headband) Goggles RE... NOT the Black FPV Goggles with the 4 Small antennas on front.

So Im going to link a video that I found pretty helpful because its a camera view of what you'll see w/ your own eyes inside the Goggles, however, it doesn't address your question specifically but I still think itll be helpful.

Regarding your questions, so yes the N is referencing North relative to your AC position.

1) Once your in the air and a home point is established, as you move away, youll see an 'H' pop up outside of the arrow area.
That is your Home point relative to your position.

So if you yaw your AC left continuously (spin around, in same pos) then you'll see that indicated on the Goggles screen by the arrow spinning around while the H and N stay in pos. (Ex: When u stop, if the arrow is pointing at H, and you go forward, your D (Distance) will shrink in value, as you get closer to home point.)

Im assuming you know that the arrow in the center is representing your Aircraft and which way its pointing.

2) The degrees number value (left side of arrow) is what position your camera is facing, on the vertical plane.
(ie: 0 = straight forward, -90 is straight down, 30 is pointing up (I believe 30 is max upward angle?)

3) The set of horizontal lines (both side of Arrow) are there to show your Aircrafts attitude or pitch/roll.

When your moving side to side, those lines will show you how much pitch (or angle) your AC is at. If your out flying in mild to heavy winds, if the wind is coming feom either side of the AC, those lines will show an angle of AC, even if your camera pos is not moving. This is because it has to lean into that wind to hold position.

Think of it as a bubble level sitting on top of your AC.

NOTE: It may help to know that the middle area (Arrow, H, N, Lines) on the Goggles screen is essentially mirroring the attitude indicator on the Go4 app screen.
Its already up on most larger screen devices, ie: tablets, however on smaller devices, youll have to open this, by tapping the small crosshair icon, top right in the small map window, on the bottom left of screen.

Added after the fact:
Heres a good video which shows evrything your asking about thru the Goggles. Id ratjer watch a video than have to read all that crap I typed above...

Best thing you can do if your flying a mavic or phantom series is to just get it up in the air over a big field, and all that will come to you much much quicker than trying to read about it, even with my crappy technical writing skills.

Good luck and Im sorry this reply got so longgg?

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the marks you are referring to would be for camera orientation when you are in the head tracking gimbal mode to keep track of center to aircraft. It was real easy for me to lose track of center(both vert n hori) and if you move around to much it will lose calibration but is resetable, but been to long to remember how. But I think if I could figure it out then you should be able to', I am not real good with that kind of things.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada