Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI is lying about the the Mavic 3 Enterprise Solutions

Flying Buffalo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI is lying about the Mavic 3 Enterprise series. They advertise:

Full Software Suite

DJI Pilot 2 - A revamped Enterprise flight interface designed to improve piloting efficiency and flight safety. Drone and payload controls can be easily accessed with one tap. Clear presentation of flight details and navigational information improves user experience together with support for various route types.

DJI FlightHub 2 - All-in-one cloud drone operations management for your fleet with support for live annotations and cloud mapping for seamless ground-to-cloud synergy. Efficiently manage inspection operations with route planning and mission management.

DJI Terra - Full featured mapping software for all stages of work, from mission planning to processing of 2D and 3D models.

User Data Security - Local Data Mode | One-Tap Clear All Device Data | AES-256 Video Transmission Encryption | Cloud API

Terra is NOT supported by the M3 Enterprise at all .. and both Flight Hub and Terra are subscription even though it seems to claim it comes with it.

Agree with what u say, have u contacted DJI?

I have the M3T and it did come with terra I've done mapping with it and its not bad as long as you slow the speed down to around 10 mph, it comes already activated for 3 months free

Reactions: Recoveryone
Hi,
I read that DJI TERRA will charge custumers from next june 1st. Untill that time, it's free to use it, and it works properly with my M3E.

Hi Everyone!
I'm reaching out to ask for help and support to all our Mavic fellow brother pilots.
In the Mavic 3 Enterprise Facebook group, we are pushing a campaign due the behavior that DJI has engaged in toward all the owners of Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones 3E, 3M and 3T.
I have started a petition at Change dot org with the intent to request DJI enable all the cinematic features that the Mavic 3 Enterprise series is capable of, I have spoken to many in the industry, and I have talked with DJI customer care, and we need all the support we can get to make things right for all of us who pilot and make our living from the Mavic 3 Enterprise series.
Please take a look at the petition, and I want to invite everyone to support by signing it.
One single person can't compell DJI do the right thing, but ALL OF US TOGETHER CAN!
https://chng.it/HNFJbyjZ
All you need to do to increase our strength in numbers is sign and share the petition so we can get as many supporters on board a s show DJI our determination.
This HAS to change, it is not right that Mavic 3 Enterprise owners pay more than almost three times the cost of the Mavic 3/Classic, yet all the basic features are disabled by DJI on purpose, we can't even perform an autonomous ORBIT function with a targeted point of Interest. The Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones are built on top of the Mavic 3 and Classic architecture and design. For the most part they are the same drone with the same basic features, except the Enterprise series have additional enterprise level features that the regular Mavic 3 and Classic do not have the physical capability of performing.
We thank you all for supporting this cause!

I'm usually am good with research but I got all excited and messed up when I bought the Mavic 3E at the end of November 2022.

I saw the specs of JPG+RAW, that it had Waypoints via the Pilot2 app (this was pre Waypoints being offered in the regular Mavic 3), and a mechanical shutter to make my ortho photos even better (I mostly shoot construction monitoring and real estate marketing jobs).

Because I needed Waypoints for multiple visits to shoot the same site, I glazed over the RAW issue, assuming I would be able shoot RAW. Bought the drone and WOW, I really, really F'd up.

I can't shoot RAW in daylight, there's no 4K video above 30 frames/sec and I can't manually adjust the aperture (only the ISO and shutter speed).

Being that the only real/serious physical difference between the cameras on the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3E is the mechanical shutter, DJI is totally underutilizing this camera because they refuse to issue firmware that enables the Mavic 3E to do the same functions at the Mavic 3.

I'm pissed that I now had to buy the Mavic 3 last week as well, because there are basic video and photo jobs that I can't do with the Mavic 3E.

BTW - I used Terra in December, it was OK, but will not run on iOS, only PC (which is also stupid).

Agree with what u say, have u contacted DJI?
Hi, I did ; they understand the situation, but… they absolutely don’t care about that 😂🤣🤣🤣 it’s a good business for them we have to buy 2 drones for our business.
What surprise me, is that no third part takes controle to the M3E for the video part (e.g. Litchi). An idea ?

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s an attractive business for third parties, I assume it’s a small market. it’s a niece area.

I want to thank EVERYONE who believed and gave us 3 minutes of their life to fill out the petition we started as a result of all these features being disabled on the Mavic 3 Enterprise edition.
It looks like DJI is finally getting it and understanding what their customers value and want. We all DO make a difference, and uniting our voices and having patience can pay off. Thank you all again!
If you haven't yet, please consider signing the petition, as we need ALL features enabled. Like active track, 5.1k, hyperlapse, etc.

Latest news is an update has been released by DJI enabling POI and a few other features on the Mavic 3 Enterprise editions.

Please don't forget there are still many features that DJI still has to enable on the Mavic 3 Enterprise series, so please if you haven't yet support the cause by signing and sharing the petition. It is working, we just need to stay resilient and keep pushing!

Thank you everyone!

I'm usually am good with research but I got all excited and messed up when I bought the Mavic 3E at the end of November 2022.

I saw the specs of JPG+RAW, that it had Waypoints via the Pilot2 app (this was pre Waypoints being offered in the regular Mavic 3), and a mechanical shutter to make my ortho photos even better (I mostly shoot construction monitoring and real estate marketing jobs).

Because I needed Waypoints for multiple visits to shoot the same site, I glazed over the RAW issue, assuming I would be able shoot RAW. Bought the drone and WOW, I really, really F'd up.

I can't shoot RAW in daylight, there's no 4K video above 30 frames/sec and I can't manually adjust the aperture (only the ISO and shutter speed).

Being that the only real/serious physical difference between the cameras on the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3E is the mechanical shutter, DJI is totally underutilizing this camera because they refuse to issue firmware that enables the Mavic 3E to do the same functions at the Mavic 3.

I'm pissed that I now had to buy the Mavic 3 last week as well, because there are basic video and photo jobs that I can't do with the Mavic 3E.

BTW - I used Terra in December, it was OK, but will not run on iOS, only PC (which is also stupid).
Hey man, i would say F'them, exercises your right for customer satisfaction guarantee and return the mavic 3 you just got, you can return it for full refund even if you used it, i know because I did. Don't give them what they theoretically think they can get away with in their minds.

The ball has began rolling down the hill, and we won't stop until they enable every feature the Mavic 3 Enterprise is capable of.

DJI customer care even sent me a full set of mavic 3 Enterprise propellers and also a mavic 3 battery, to try and "pacify" me for realizing and calling them out on their idiotic strategy. The point is that now they know all the way to the top what's going on, and i believe good changes are coming, but we need strength in numbers to make it happen.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeldrones
Hi Everyone!
I'm reaching out to ask for help and support to all our Mavic fellow brother pilots.
In the Mavic 3 Enterprise Facebook group, we are pushing a campaign due the behavior that DJI has engaged in toward all the owners of Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones 3E, 3M and 3T.
I have started a petition at Change dot org with the intent to request DJI enable all the cinematic features that the Mavic 3 Enterprise series is capable of, I have spoken to many in the industry, and I have talked with DJI customer care, and we need all the support we can get to make things right for all of us who pilot and make our living from the Mavic 3 Enterprise series.
Please take a look at the petition, and I want to invite everyone to support by signing it.
One single person can't compell DJI do the right thing, but ALL OF US TOGETHER CAN!
https://chng.it/HNFJbyjZ
All you need to do to increase our strength in numbers is sign and share the petition so we can get as many supporters on board a s show DJI our determination.
This HAS to change, it is not right that Mavic 3 Enterprise owners pay more than almost three times the cost of the Mavic 3/Classic, yet all the basic features are disabled by DJI on purpose, we can't even perform an autonomous ORBIT function with a targeted point of Interest. The Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones are built on top of the Mavic 3 and Classic architecture and design. For the most part they are the same drone with the same basic features, except the Enterprise series have additional enterprise level features that the regular Mavic 3 and Classic do not have the physical capability of performing.
We thank you all for supporting this cause!
And doesn't that frost your cookies! All us Mavic 3 owners are miffed that DJI back-peddled on releasing a skd for the M3, now saying it isn't coming. DJI is in business to make money, I understand that, but there are proper and improper ways of doing that. Punishing Mavic 3 by withholding the SKD for us is the same as them holding the camera functions for the M3E owners. Bad business from DJI, in my personal opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e