DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Classic Love and Hate Relationship

Ron Fisher

Reactions
Hi everyone! I spent a whole day last weekend flying my new Mavic 3 Classic and, at the time, intended to post this thread to unabashedly praise the virtues of this new drone. Having transitioned from the Mavic Air 2S to the Classic I was blown away by a number of things that clearly demonstrated the state-of-the-art superiority of the Classic. This included the following features: 1) Cruise Control; 2) Waypoints; 3) Active Track; 4) incredibly easy set-up to fly with the DJI RC; 5) super sharp photo and video resolution; 6) variable aperture for tweaking settings for optimal photo and video performance; and 7) very fast battery charging compared to the Air 2S.

When I returned home from my flight on the beach where I put the drone through its paces I discovered that the SD card was corrupted and none of my videos and photos were available to download. It was a brand new SanDisk Extreme 256 GB card that had previously performed flawlessly. I thought I would try to identify the cause for this issue by connecting the drone to the DJI Assistant software in order to see if the firmware had to be updated. When I downloaded the software I got the following message:

DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.18.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

So now I am stuck with a beautiful new drone that I cannot use for video or photo purposes. It does not recognize any of the 3 SD cards that I have previously successfully used and I am extremely frustrated. Has anyone else experienced something like this and, if so, how did you rectify this problem? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Reactions: James in the Desert
You can work around that and get rid of that alert. It’s part of apple’s security. I forget the process but a net search should turn up the process.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Hi everyone! I spent a whole day last weekend flying my new Mavic 3 Classic and, at the time, intended to post this thread to unabashedly praise the virtues of this new drone. Having transitioned from the Mavic Air 2S to the Classic I was blown away by a number of things that clearly demonstrated the state-of-the-art superiority of the Classic. This included the following features: 1) Cruise Control; 2) Waypoints; 3) Active Track; 4) incredibly easy set-up to fly with the DJI RC; 5) super sharp photo and video resolution; 6) variable aperture for tweaking settings for optimal photo and video performance; and 7) very fast battery charging compared to the Air 2S.

When I returned home from my flight on the beach where I put the drone through its paces I discovered that the SD card was corrupted and none of my videos and photos were available to download. It was a brand new SanDisk Extreme 256 GB card that had previously performed flawlessly. I thought I would try to identify the cause for this issue by connecting the drone to the DJI Assistant software in order to see if the firmware had to be updated. When I downloaded the software I got the following message:

DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.18.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

So now I am stuck with a beautiful new drone that I cannot use for video or photo purposes. It does not recognize any of the 3 SD cards that I have previously successfully used and I am extremely frustrated. Has anyone else experienced something like this and, if so, how did you rectify this problem? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Yes- I think it is a security thing with your Apple computer. Try this. First click on the Apple logo upper left corner. Next, click on System Settings. Go to Privacy and Security. Then play around with the Security settings, allowing everything to be OK. Tell me if this works or not. If not, call Apple Care 1-800-275-2273 for free Apple support from Cupertino, CA.

Dale
Miami
How to allow software.jpg

Thanks everyone for your responses. The SanDisk card worked fine the previous day in the Classic so I don’t think the formatting is the issue. I will, however, take your advice and see if it works in a PC. I will also check my Mac’s security settings to see if I can connect to DJI Assistant. I’ll let you know if this works. Thanks again!

Formatting in your mac as ExFat will allow it to work on both mac and PC.... DJI Assistant (be sure to get the right version) isn't or shouldn't be necessary often but it is also true that many people including myself have updated firmware and had problems which were then fixed by connecting the drone and controller (separately) to the computer and running DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) (for the Mavic line at least) and "refreshing" the firmware. If you have glitches it is often the first thing DJI Support will ask you to do and I have seen it fix issues small and large for myself and friends. I don't know the reason for the lack of reliability of updating over the air but it's clear that doing firmware updates via the computer is more solid and bomb proof so I'd suggest working through the Mac security issue and downloading it. You will run into other programs that will react the same way so this probably won't be your first time at the Security Hassle Rodeo

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Formatting in your mac as ExFat will allow it to work on both mac and PC.... DJI Assistant (be sure to get the right version) isn't or shouldn't be necessary often but it is also true that many people including myself have updated firmware and had problems which were then fixed by connecting the drone and controller (separately) to the computer and running DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) (for the Mavic line at least) and "refreshing" the firmware. If you have glitches it is often the first thing DJI Support will ask you to do and I have seen it fix issues small and large for myself and friends. I don't know the reason for the lack of reliability of updating over the air but it's clear that doing firmware updates via the computer is more solid and bomb proof so I'd suggest working through the Mac security issue and downloading it. You will run into other programs that will react the same way so this probably won't be your first time at the Security Hassle Rodeo
I agree 100% with AKDrone.

Sorry to hear your misfortune regarding your SD CARD there is a recovery program that you may be able to download and use to get the items of your SD card. I have used in the past and it has been a successful each time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka