DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro ebay scam, Buyers Beware!!!

Robzta

Reactions
I was browsing on ebay when I came across a deal to good to be true, a pre owned refurbished mavic pro for only $18.98 U.S.
Since it's nearly christmas I'm anxious to get a good deal on a drone, so I almost fell for it, I told myself it's only $18 bucks I won't miss it, but then I got a hold of myself & googled dji mavic pro scam & I came across a few different post's of buyers that have already been ripped off, the links below are post's of people warning buyers about the scam,
Beware of Mavic Pro Scam: https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay+mavic+pro+scam&ie=&oe=

They don't only steal you $18 bucks, they also steal your credit card details & use it to purchase whatever they want & you get stuck with the bill.
The mavic pro ebay seller goes by the user name chatan_86 & on his page it states that he has sold 16 mavic pro's in the last 24 hours, so it seems like they are going like hot cakes but that's part of the scam to make you think that there's only a limited supply, he has only 1 feedback & it's 100% of course, chatan_86's page has now been removed suddenly but I took screen captures before it shutdown, Chatan_86's page now reads.
Chatan_86 (Feedback Score 1) 100% positive feedback
No longer a registered user

MAVIC PRO EBAY SCAM 01.jpgMAVIC PRO EBAY SCAM 02.jpg

Last edited:
I know a bit about Ebay.... They cannot "steal" your info like that..... They can however hope to hell you just say **** it and not request a refund.. <<< that's the scam. The other scam is to open the account under a false name... And take what money they can get and run... They wont get all of it because as a new seller Ebay holds part of the payments until they know you are not a scammer

I was browsing on ebay when I came across a deal to good to be true, a pre owned refurbished mavic pro for only $18.98 U.S.
Since it's nearly christmas I'm anxious to get a good deal on a drone, so I almost fell for it, I told myself it's only $18 bucks I won't miss it, but then I got a hold of myself & googled dji mavic pro scam & I came across a few different post's of buyers that have already been ripped off, the links below are post's of people warning buyers about the scam,
Beware of Mavic Pro Scam: Drones4You

They don't only steal you $18 bucks, they also steal your credit card details & use it to purchase whatever they want & you get stuck with the bill.
The mavic pro ebay seller goes by the user name chatan_86 & on his page it states that he has sold 16 mavic pro's in the last 24 hours, so it seems like they are going like hot cakes but that's part of the scam to make you think that there's only a limited supply, he has only 1 feedback & it's 100% of course, chatan_86's page has now been removed suddenly but I took screen captures before it shutdown, Chatan_86's page now reads.
Chatan_86 (Feedback Score 1) 100% positive feedback
No longer a registered user

View attachment 54593View attachment 54594
dose that mean it won't be coming then

I think this is a clickbait post and fake. Not one in their right state of mind will believe that with $18 bucks, you will get a Mavic Pro. Unless you are 7 years old and think that it is real.

Believe me, it's real, I saw it for myself & it does happen to people all the time, some people are just plain gullible, when they see a bargain that's clearly too good to be true they just can't help themselves & there's scammers out there that know this & they take advantage, most of the time the scammers sell as many items as they can as fast as they can & then they take the money & run, they know that the ridiculous low prices will attract peoples attention, these type of post are not up for very long (for obvious reasons) mostly they last for 24 to 48 hours.
If you don't believe me just google "ebay mavic pro scam" or click on this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay+mavic+pro+scam&ie=&oe=
This scam doesn't only work with Mavics, it can be applied to anything, usually expensive hot ticket items.

Believe me, it's real, I saw it for myself & it does happen to people all the time, some people are just plain gullible, when they see a bargain that's clearly too good to be true they just can't help themselves & there's scammers out there that know this & they take advantage, most of the time the scammers sell as many items as they can as fast as they can & then they take the money & run, they know that the ridiculous low prices will attract peoples attention, these type of post are not up for very long (for obvious reasons) mostly they last for 24 to 48 hours.
If you don't believe me just google "ebay mavic pro scam" or click on this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay+mavic+pro+scam&ie=&oe=
This scam doesn't only work with Mavics, it can be applied to anything, usually expensive hot ticket items.
I would imagine what kind of Mavic they will send for $18 bucks. A paper made based Mavic Pro... Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31