DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro RC stick error

quaddicts

Reactions
I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of months now, "STICK ERROR RE-CENTER CONTROLLER". RIGHT stick won't move on calibration LEFT stick works fine. Seems like there's no fix on this issue so I opened the RC, swapped the R stick to the left board vice versa. The R stick that was on the left board works fine but the L stick on the right board still no response. I replaced the R board with a new one, put back on the R stick to the right board still no response. I tested the magnet of the R stick it's working good. I don't know which one is failing now. I also did an upgrade and downgrade different firmware version but still no response on the R stick during calibration, there still this annoying beep and STICK ERROR message. Don't know what to do now. I am considering getting a new RC but what if the issue arise again? Does anybody have the same issue as mine and have a fix, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

History on controller?
Are you the original owner?

Maybe a complete failure of the stick FET?

Maybe a complete failure of the stick FET?
Thanks for the reply. After a sleepless night and countless trials cleaning all the contact point in the circuit boards with a quick dry electronic contact cleaner (I sprayed about 5x) I finally fixed it. I believe those dust that accumulated over time was the culprit. I calibrated the RC, dials and buttons are all working but haven't put my quad in the air yet, will test later today and give an update on this thread if it still act up.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
History on controller?
Are you the original owner?
I'm the original owner, well taken care of, 2 years of casual flying when I travel. I got lucky, I fixed it by spraying all the contact points and now it's working. Will test fly later and update if it still act up.

Strange that cleaning fixed it since I believe stick position sensing is magnetic. Unless the dirt was ferrous.
I know it's magnet sensing but why the Right stick works on the left if there is some magnet failure and the left won' work on the right? I even changed the Right dial board with a genuine DJI part still no response on the right. That's the fixed that made my RC works and I tested it a while ago and it works fine. Well it was just a trial and error kind of fixed but it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS