DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 2 4 HOURS CHARGE TIME?!!

DroneFlyer569

Reactions
So one thing I have noticed with my new mini is the charging time. I use the correct vaultage usb charger since I didnt purchase the combo, so charge the one battery I have via USB plugged into the drone, and I have timed it today and noticed its taken over 4 Hours for it to fully charge after it being nearly empty!?

Is this amount of time normal for the battery or is thier a fault with it? Whats the normal charging time for the MIni 2?

Have attached my usb charger specs just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 52
The dji charger that came with mine is rated at 3A/5v. It appears that your charger is less powerful. That may explain the longer charging time.

DJI supplies a 18watt usb charger with the Fly more combo, yours is under powered at 12watts, so it will take longer to charge.

Reactions: RMS001
The multi charger with the combo kit seems to charge a battery in about 90 minutes. When I had the dome charger, it took all night

when it comes to Lipos the output Watts of the charger is what determines the charge time i believe you can go up to a 24watt charger for the batteries ,the info is in the specs in the manual from the DJI site

Reactions: shaneb50
Check out the battery section in the owners manual. The top of page 24 shows different flashing patterns for the small lights and depending on how fast the lasts are flashing, it tells you whether they are getting a fast charge or a slow one. It even notes that you should upgrade the charger or cable to a higher wattage if the batteries are charging too slowly. The one that shipped with my fly more package is 18W and I have 2 others that are 12w and 15W. I haven't tried the lower wattage ones yet. Good luck.

DJI supplies a 18watt usb charger with the Fly more combo, yours is under powered at 12watts, so it will take longer to charge.
ive checked with dji support and the charger I am using is the correct one as the combo charger still limits the charge going for each socket to the battery to 5V which my usb charger has enough of so it is powerful and is not the issue

when it comes to Lipos the output Watts of the charger is what determines the charge time i believe you can go up to a 24watt charger for the batteries ,the info is in the specs in the manual from the DJI site
apparantley its a fault iwth my battery having contacted dji as its only meant to take 144 minutes with a 10 whatt usb charger whereas mine is 12 and still takes 4 hours each time

Check out the battery section in the owners manual. The top of page 24 shows different flashing patterns for the small lights and depending on how fast the lasts are flashing, it tells you whether they are getting a fast charge or a slow one. It even notes that you should upgrade the charger or cable to a higher wattage if the batteries are charging too slowly. The one that shipped with my fly more package is 18W and I have 2 others that are 12w and 15W. I haven't tried the lower wattage ones yet. Good luck.
how long does it take you to charge each battery with than then?

I only kept track of the charge time when I first got the combo and was anxious to get out flying. I think it took about 2hrs to charge the 3 batteries but they were not dead when I started charging them. I also used the battery charging hub that came with the combo. I think they were shipped with about a 30% charge. The RC took longer. I can't remember how long though.

ive checked with dji support and the charger I am using is the correct one as the combo charger still limits the charge going for each socket to the battery to 5V which my usb charger has enough of so it is powerful and is not the issue

Charging at a slower rate is probably better for the battery anyway. However the MM2's 2s lipo can be charged using up to 29 watts.
1613705549922.png
1613706141048.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803