DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 Fly app...

Brigs66

Reactions
I have just bought a mini 2, and installed the fly app...Iam still waiting for my SD card to arrive, but have noticed that the photo/video menus on the right hand side of the app screen do not work, Can someone tell me if this is because I dont have an SD card installed yet?

@Brigs66 basically yes you need the card in the drone and dont forget to format it before you start using it ,if you download the Manual its all in there how to do it

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for your reply...I just thought it was a bit strange that you cant open the camera / video menus up until an SD card is installed....

Thanks for your reply...I just thought it was a bit strange that you cant open the camera / video menus up until an SD card is installed....
Welcome to the forum! I like to think of it as a reminder that I either have my card in the Mini, or not.

The larger Mavics have internal memory to supplement the use of SD cards, but the Mini (and Mini 2) are all about keeping the weight down.

Safe flying, and per @old man mavic, do read the manual if you haven’t already. To me, it answered all the basic questions I was about to post here. :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi,
Just bought the mini 2. And I am already flying the Mavic Air 2.
I installed the DJI Fly and tried to fly, but the DJI mini 2 did not appear in the Aircraft Model
So I tried DJI Go 4 but here I can not proceed after "Connect the RC and Mobile Device" step 3 of 4

Could anyone give me a hint how to proceed.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just bought the mini 2. And I am already flying the Mavic Air 2.
I installed the DJI Fly and tried to fly, but the DJI mini 2 did not appear in the Aircraft Model
So I tried DJI Go 4 but here I can not proceed after "Connect the RC and Mobile Device" step 3 of 4

Could anyone give me a hint how to proceed.
you cannot fly the Mini2 with the Go4 app only the Fly app is compatible ,you just need to have the fly app enabled then connect the RC to your screen device and wait for it to show its connected, then turn on the drone and wait till it connects ,and the screen says go fly in Blue down at the bottom of the screen touch that and you should then have a picture and the drone will be trying to lock on to enough sats for it to be able to fly once you get the message saying good to fly then proceed with the take off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000