DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 Gimbal Issue? Unstable/Moving

DroneFlyer569

Reactions
So Been using the DJI Mini 2 just under a month now and the past 2 days I have noticed some issues with the gimbal. I have never crashed or damaged the drone or anything but I have noticed that when I am in Cinematic or Normal mode that the gimbal does not stay in place and a lot of the time it seems to move as shown in the footage below as well as a screen recording I have linked.

I have also re calibrated the IMU and compass many times but dosent seem to do anything.

Has anyone came across this issue before, is it a fault and do I need to get it repaired or is it a software related issue as only had it since I updated the firmware 2 days ago?

All the footage below had no movement done to the gimbal so you can see how it is moving without me doing anything.

Footage 1

Screen Recording -https://youtu.be/LndXRPRBN5Y

Footage 2

Last edited:
Hello Drone Flyer:

I’ve not noticed that slow upward “drift”, but my horizon was initially tipped slightly. I think I see a tipped horizon in your video, but it could be distant topography?

My horizon has improved through various updates and calibrations and I no longer noticed any tipping. However, I do have two other annoying situations with the gimbal on my Mini 2. When I use the wheel to scroll the gimbal down it behaves “normally” - scrolls until I release the wheel or until it reached 90 degrees down. However, when I scroll up it scrolls until I release the wheel and then drops a few degrees down. If I scroll up again it usually stays at the point of release. The 2nd issue is I can’t get the gimbal to recenter when I tap the function button - even though that’s the setting I’ve selected in settings.

I’m assuming these minor issues will sort out with future updates, but would be interested to hear if others have similar experiences?

Howard

Hello Drone Flyer:

I’ve not noticed that slow upward “drift”, but my horizon was initially tipped slightly. I think I see a tipped horizon in your video, but it could be distant topography?

My horizon has improved through various updates and calibrations and I no longer noticed any tipping. However, I do have two other annoying situations with the gimbal on my Mini 2. When I use the wheel to scroll the gimbal down it behaves “normally” - scrolls until I release the wheel or until it reached 90 degrees down. However, when I scroll up it scrolls until I release the wheel and then drops a few degrees down. If I scroll up again it usually stays at the point of release. The 2nd issue is I can’t get the gimbal to recenter when I tap the function button - even though that’s the setting I’ve selected in settings.

I’m assuming these minor issues will sort out with future updates, but would be interested to hear if others have similar experiences?

Howard
The first video was me moving up the gimbal but as you saw their was the slow drift happening with it changing direction instead of it being straight, I hope this is just a firmware issue as i havent damaged my drone at all or dropped it, also since I only have come across it since updating, it could be a firmware issue?

So Been using the DJI Mini 2 just under a month now and the past 2 days I have noticed some issues with the gimbal. I have never crashed or damaged the drone or anything but I have noticed that when I am in Cinematic or Normal mode that the gimbal does not stay in place and a lot of the time it seems to move as shown in the footage below as well as a screen recording I have linked.

I have also re calibrated the IMU and compass many times but dosent seem to do anything.

Has anyone came across this issue before, is it a fault and do I need to get it repaired or is it a software related issue as only had it since I updated the firmware 2 days ago?

All the footage below had no movement done to the gimbal so you can see how it is moving without me doing anything.

Footage 1

Screen Recording -https://youtu.be/LndXRPRBN5Y

Footage 2
I notice on the DJI forums you have started about 13 threads on this 'issue', why that many threads? It only needs one to get your message across. You just annoy people by starting so many all on the same topic you know.

Hopefully here you can restrain yourself to keep it to just the 1 thread.

• Wow
Reactions: waffles985
I notice on the DJI forums you have started about 13 threads on this 'issue', why that many threads? It only needs one to get your message across. You just annoy people by starting so many all on the same topic you know.

Hopefully here you can restrain yourself to keep it to just the 1 thread.
*2 threads as first one was incorrect and couldnt delete it for some reason

Reactions: waffles985
*2 threads as first one was incorrect and couldnt delete it for some reason
This forum has a great search option and will help you see which problems has been discussed before. That is why some will complain when there are already someone else posting the same problem. This is the reason why I joined this forum because of the ease it was to find out what the results of the problem or the on going struggles with the issue. I also did also do a search on the DJI's forum but this forum is more user friendly.

This forum has a great search option and will help you see which problems has been discussed before. That is why some will complain when there are already someone else posting the same problem. This is the reason why I joined this forum because of the ease it was to find out what the results of the problem or the on going struggles with the issue. I also did also do a search on the DJI's forum but this forum is more user friendly.
I spent ages searching but nothing relavant came up, it is also likely this issue is a result of the new firmware update as I only expirenced these issues the day after it updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada