DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 "in the box".

cheddar-man

Reactions
Just opened a Mini 2 Fly More Combo box and find that there isn't a connecting cable for an iPhone? Should there be one as this is what people usually fly with (I think).

Just opened a Mini 2 Fly More Combo box and find that there isn't a connecting cable for an iPhone? Should there be one as this is what people usually fly with (I think).
i think you will find that it is in the top of the RC when you lift up the antennas and the grip for the device you are going to use

You are absolutely right OMM! Thought there had to be one somewhere.
Then I bought "how can I stretch this cable to plug into the C port on the bottom🤔🤔 Then I saw the ports in the RC under the antenna thingy😁
Many thanks👍
Can I delete this thread now🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
The thread is good and educational since you are not the first person to ask the question. Also, the bottom USB is good for charging the RC but not good for connecting your phone or tablet device. You need to use always the top USB port for that.

Yes, thanks zeusfl (how do you pronounce that??)
Just turned it all on, did a firmware and data update and everything seem to work a treat (even hovered in front of the TV by mistake🥵
Now a big decision to make - two brand new drones, Mini SE and Mini 2 not even flown yet. My thoughts are that I'll be keeping the Mini2 and sell the SE🤔
No brainer surely😎

@cheddar-man glad you found it ,also be aware that there are what appear to be two USB ports on the top of the controller one of them is a live port and the other one is a dummy to put the other end of the cable in when the antennas are pushed right home ,
and as you have probably realised the antennas ,unlike the original Mini RC are built into the device holder, so make sure that the top is pointing towards the drone when in flight

Since you have paid for them and the batteries are the same I'd be inclined to keep both, 1 as a back up for the other.
Can any one confirm that the SE props are Mini 2 props?
I see OMM beat me to the "dummy port on the Mini 2 controller" thing.

@cheddar-man just seen your post above ,there is no doubt that the Mini 2 is better in several ways ,and as you say you will be better off keeping that one, and selling the Mini SE ,if you have the choice

Just did a firmware update but how does one know whether the update included the battery, ie, when you need to also put the other batteries in the drone to also update them?

Since you have paid for them and the batteries are the same I'd be inclined to keep both, 1 as a back up for the other.
Can any one confirm that the SE props are Mini 2 props?
I see OMM beat me to the "dummy port on the Mini 2 controller" thing.
Umm ,not sure I can afford that luxury. Way over spent my pension so had better claw a bit back if we want to eat next month🥵

as far as i an aware the props are the same as the Mini SE if they have the orange tips

Just did a firmware update but how does one know whether the update included the battery, ie, when you need to also put the other batteries in the drone to also update them?
You can just switch the batteries then when the DJI Fly opens and show the camera view tap in the left top corner to go back to the previous menu that has the drone picture and waits for the firmware battery upgrade. Make sure you are connected to the internet, or my favorite method is to make the firmware upgrade using the DJI Assistant software on the computer. Is better and more secure.

@cheddar-man with regards to the update ,the battery in the drone at the time you did the update will be updated ,then switch off the drone remove that battery and when you put the next one in and turn it on ,if the battery was part of the update,then it will tell you ,and so on with your third battery ,not every firmware update includes the battery also its best practice to number your batteries so you know which is which

Cheers guys, I'll fire it uo again later and put a second battery inland see what it says.
I haven't got the DJI Assistant on my MBP, must look for it 🤔

Just looked on their download site and they don't even mention a Mini 2 ??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 09.05.52.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 09.05.52.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 8
@cheddar-man go on the picture you posted if you look on the left hand side you will see a list of different assistant versions scroll down and select the one that says consumer drone series ,in brackets thats the one you need for the Mini2

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54