DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 - Miami Drone Register

dms_gyn

Reactions
Hi, I'm going to Miami area and I would like to carry my DJI Mini 3.

I'm from Brazil. Do I need any register or just don't fly on no fly zones?

Any tip ?

Thank you.

I am having trouble finding the exact information, but I am quite certain to fly recreationally in the USA you need to take the TRUST test and if your drone is 250g to 25kg you must also register on the FAA DroneZone website.

Here is the link for the TRUST test The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) | Federal Aviation Administration

If your drone is 250g or more register it here FAADroneZone (iOS version).

Get Air Control from Aloft to check airspace before flying. ‎Aloft Air Control
or

For a Community Based Organization (CBO) I would suggest using the AMA Safety Handbook. https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/documents/100.pdf

Hopefully one our members better acquainted with this can fact check me. @Vic Moss @BigAl07 @pilotinstitute

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi, I'm going to Miami area and I would like to carry my DJI Mini 3.

I'm from Brazil. Do I need any register or just don't fly on no fly zones?

Any tip ?

Thank you.
I fly just about anywhere I want legally in Miami. I follow all of the rules, and if you do too, there should not be a problem. I have lived here since 1970 and have used a drone her since 2015. Have your TRUST certificate, don't exceed 400 feet, watch out for low flying aircraft (they flow below 400 ft may time here for tourism). Don';t fly where you know it is dangerous (over people, cars, roads, jails, zoos, military, etc.).

Dale
Miami

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas