DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 pro 12MPx Colour Fringing

Chapperz

Reactions
Hi all

Have any of you noticed any colour Fringing with the 12mp mode on the mini 3 Pro? In particular, purple.

I never noticed it until yesterday. I can't be sure but I vaguely remember reading something about it being a issue with some of the earlier ones and that some people had returned their drones to have the camera module replaced.

Is this something anyone else has experienced with the mini 3 Pro?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi all

Have any of you noticed any colour Fringing with the 12mp mode on the mini 3 Pro? In particular, purple.

I never noticed it until yesterday. I can't be sure but I vaguely remember reading something about it being a issue with some of the earlier ones and that some people had returned their drones to have the camera module replaced.

Is this something anyone else has experienced with the mini 3 Pro?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Yes. In certain high contrast shots, I'll see fringing (purple to the shadow side, green the other). Put this down to C/A and used the chromatic aberration tool set to aggressive. Sorts the problem out but also causes considerable desaturation of any bright red objects in frame at the same time.

Th
Yes. In certain high contrast shots, I'll see fringing (purple to the shadow side, green the other). Put this down to C/A and used the chromatic aberration tool set to aggressive. Sorts the problem out but also causes considerable desaturation of any bright red objects in frame at the same time.
Thanks for the reply.... I never noticed this in 12mpx mode before.... I'm a bit disappointed to be honest but I guess I can't expect much better for the money.

I think it's down to the cheap plastic lens, to be honest. It'd be nice if DJI used proper schott glass elements, but that would bump the price higher... that being said: considering that shortcoming - I've found the transmission quality surprisingly good. Some of the land camera lenses I've used over the years have thrown up far worse aberrations and have cost hundreds of pounds.

I think it's down to the cheap plastic lens, to be honest. It'd be nice if DJI used proper schott glass elements, but that would bump the price higher... that being said: considering that shortcoming - I've found the transmission quality surprisingly good. Some of the land camera lenses I've used over the years have thrown up far worse aberrations and have cost hundreds of pounds.
I'd happily pay the extra for better lenses... That said, I have a old huawei p20 which a 12mp camera which doesn't suffer from any of it... That said, it is a lieca. But then if huawei can put a sensor and lense that's half the size of the mini 3, and produce better results in terms of C/A then what's dji's excuse?

Moral of the story is that dji need to up their lens game.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
I think it's down to the cheap plastic lens, to be honest. It'd be nice if DJI used proper schott glass elements, but that would bump the price higher...

How much, though? In particular how much more do you think it would cost DJI to source such a lens vs. the plastic lens they use now?

If hundreds, yeah, don't bother with it. If it's gonna add U$35 to the price, seems most customers would likely be okay with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc